46 users online (1 members and 45 guests)  

Thread: Prayers

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Prayers

My thoughts and prayers to all whom have lost loved ones or currently have family unaccounted for in New York, Washington D.C. and in other areas of the U.S.A.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status
    Mine too Dave...and out to the entire world. Thousands of people have lost their lives and these events have changed the world forever.

There is much to be done. But right now, what everyone in the world can do to help is donate blood. Regardless where you are, give blood if you can. It will be used in your community and what can be shipped to the NY & DC areas will be used there.

I've created some simple banners, free for use on any site to help drive donations. These are flash, created in the Swish program, and just simple text as I'm new at Flash/Swish.

You will find graphics, html & instructions to install on your sites here: http://web.tampabay.rr.com/shortbus/

We desperately need to build blood supplies, to help the victims of this attack and because we are at war. The government hasn't formally announced it, but I think everyone knows the truth.

BTW, Jim at GHF created and posted a blood drive banner yesterday, it's what inspired me to contribute some. His tugs at your heart strings, is free for use and can be downloaded from: http://jimworld.com/banner/blooddrive.gif

Donate blood today. It WILL save someones life.
    RR

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    RR, Thank you for taking the time to make these banners, hopefully many people will use these, and maybe a life may be saved.

I have installed a banner from the Red Cross anybody may use it for thier own sites.

I cannot endorse the use of a banner from Jim Wilson, he has shown that he has no problem trying to profit from the losses of others. I ask that his name not even be brought up with regards to a subject with such importance.

Dave

New User

Status
    Dave,

I just came back to copy part of my post to another forum...glad I did.

I understand your feelings and would remove everything between BTW and .gif, except of course, the two minute edit limit has passed. You are welcome to remove that reference as well as this post. (to keep thing tidy)

It is difficult to be certain what information and resources can be shared without stepping on toes and respect your wishes on the matter.

Please edit the above post and remove this one if you wish.

RR

Administrator

Status

quote:
    It is difficult to be certain what information and resources can be shared without stepping on toes and respect your wishes on the matter.

I totally understand, it is equally difficult for myself. I do not want to play politics in regards to this. But at the same time, I do not want to be fooled again in supporting an effort, only to have it turned into a money making operation for the greedy and scummy.

If there were no other banners available, I would say let it stand. You have made some great banners, Red Cross has the banner available, so I see no need to help Jim scam more people.

Thanks for understanding.

D

New User

Status
    I've added some banners at http://www.freegraphics.com/911a.html -- also, I've listed all the support banners I know of at http://www.freegraphics.com/911.html

Steve S (geek/talk) has also put together a godd piece of js that you can put on your page that lists contact info for various relief organizations.

Status
    Hello everyone,
    what a devastating week it's been, my prayers to all.

freegraphics thank you for the banners, I've put them up.

Unregistered
    I'm emotionally wrung out. It is good to come into a forum where snarling and teeth gnashing is not occuring between members.

FreeGraphics, I'm going to send the URL's you've posted here to my sister. She is building an excellent resource link center for the 9-11 Attack on her site: http://www.angelfire.com/music/fiddle/911.html

Julie has everything from latest news links to a printable bin Laden target (I tacked one to the post where my dog pees) And I believe her visitors would benefit greatly from the resources you've put together FreeGraphics.

I hope anyone who is having a tough time emotionally is seeking guidance from their spiritual leader, counseling or group.

I believe this is a time to reach out into our communities and help fill the voids left by those who are and will be called to duty. Check on your elderly neighbors, take a few minutes and talk to the children in your neighborhood, volunteer a few hours a week to a local hospital, hospice or people helping people type organization.

And please remind people to be respectful of one another. Espically Americans. Maybe this will be the straw that finally takes Italian-American, Jewish-American, Polish-American, African-American and so forth from our identity and lets us finally unite and identify simply as Americans.

New User

Status
    RhonDUH says: hey! I'm not "unregistered"!!

I hit preview before posting & guess the User Name & Password got lost...didn't even notice!

the above post is me.

Later good people!

Administrator

Status

oops, must have deleted your cookies

D