34 users online (1 members and 33 guests)  

Related

1. Great and simple photo slider    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. html photo help    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Photo Rating Requirement    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. photo gallery layouts    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  5. anyone here use Corel Photo-Paint?    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 3

Status

enlarging with out photo destortion

Hi, I am trying to make a header in Fireworks, the back ground of the header is a flag, however when I stretch the pic I get degradation on the photo.
    any way to solve this?
    thanks
    Lisa

Status
    Hi Blelisa,

ive looked and looked but i cant find anything to help your cause! All graphics including photo jpegs have (PPI) Pixels Per Inch. If you enlarge the original image then it will pixelate. Basically the pixels per square inch reduce as a result of resizing and consequently the image quality suffers.

Could you not just use a larger flag image to begin with?

krak_d

New User

Status
    Some programs handle the resizing of images better than others. I'm not sure how well fireworks does the resize. You might get better results if you export the image, perform the resize using another program and then nisert it back in.

IrfanView http://irfanview.com is one of the best programs I have found for resizing images. I believe it does it better than Photoshop, and it's free. So that's cool.

On the other hand, unless it's a special image you've made yourself, it shouldn't be too hard to find images of flags that are the right size for you, as krak_d suggested.

Good luck!