183 users online (0 members and 183 guests)  

Related

1. table row values    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Getting min/max values from an array    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
  3. returning values from scripts    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. adding up my values    Forum: Javascript Forum
    New User

Status

Question values from txtbox inbeded into e-mail

yes I am trying to Have the values of what is in a text box get clicked then have that data go into an e-mail as data.

Before that data I would like a brief statement of what it is for example

Say I have a page for morgage and you fill in the income box (++) = box

INCOME +++++++++++ SUBMIT

WHen the submit button is clicked i would like the data to go into a e-mail that would look like this.

Income : "the value in the box"

I know how to make it send and to make a subject and all that go in that is no problem. But this I am having a hard time with. If you could please help that would greatly be appriciated.

Administrator

Status

eep

I assume you have tried the 'form action="mailto:whoever' and it came out in a long line with + symbols between? ugly, isn't it?

To get the format of an email just right, you have to use some kind of processor. Perl/CGI is the most common solution, in fact nearly all servers have a mail cgi you can use.

Usually, its just a case of putting the right ACTION= information in, and a few hidden inputs (like where you want it sent to)

Check out your hosts FAQ. If they are half decent, then they will have a Mail program and the relevant information for you to use.

If you host supports php, it is even easier to make a mail form with php. let me know, you can have one of mine.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Man can it get any easier

Is there a way with just HTML that it will work. Even if it does not work with all mail applications. I am thinking that the ones that most people will have is like Outlook, AOl mail, Yahoo , Lotus notes and stuff like that. I am not looking at too many people having stuff like ccMail.

Well I would really like to know how this can be done with out any cgi. But if it is needed do you think that you can help me out or whould I have to get a book on how to do cgi. Which I would not mind cause I like this type of stuff. Please let me know thanks.

New User

Status

Maybe

Maybe there can be a way where I can make it save stuff to a notepad (wordpad) just raw data text editor and then have it attach itself to the email then send the e-mail. Do you think that this would work or is this pretty hard to do also?

I would still like it to have set data then the data that the person puts in. Gees I can see this getting really really crazy real easily.

Administrator

Status

chill!

There is no way to do it with just html. A form is a submission to a program, it has to be. Using mailto: means you are just submitting to the users mail client, and you cannot control that.

Don't worry. You don't have to learn cgi or how to write perl scripts. As I said above, chances are your host already has it setup.

Who is your host? If i have a look I can see how they have set it up and pass on the relevant information to you.

Odds are, all we will have to do is change the ACTION line in your already existing form. Let me know your host and I'll see what I can do to help you out.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?