44 users online (2 members and 42 guests)  

Related

1. universal banner and menu    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. A universal uploading program is needed!!!    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 4
  3. A universal uploading program is needed!!!    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Frames page scrollbar issues    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Question Is it possible to have 2 frames with 1 universal scrollbar?

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have set up my website with two frames (one for navigational purposes and one for the target page). The target frame has a vertical scrollbar. The navigational frame fits on users' screens set at 1024x768, but does not fit on at the 800x600 resolution, especially as I intend to add more to the navigational frame.

My site is: http://learnerdriver.net

My question is: : Is it possible to link the two frames together so that the vertical scrollbar on the target frame also scrolls the navigational frame? I DO NOT want a scrollbar on the navigational frame. I want to somehow link the two frames together as if they are one.

Many will probably suggest to use tables instead of frames, but I have set the site up now, and to change it would mean starting over (unless someone has a five miunte solution!). I sincerely hope there is a solution, and if not, why not!?

Your urgent help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Ged

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Hey Ged, welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately the news is not good for you, as there is not a way that I am aware of that a user can scroll both framed pages with one scroll.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting