45 users online (0 members and 45 guests)  

Related

1. I'm looking for affilate programs with referral ID. Need help!    Forum: Affiliate Marketing and Reseller Programs
    Replies: 0
  2. Listing a New Affiliate Programs    Forum: Affiliate Marketing and Reseller Programs
    Replies: 5

Status

Good Programs to have?

Hello i was just wondering which programs i can look out for that can be used a lot wit sites not only for faster production but for nicer effects and stuff of that sort. So far i have Paint Shop pro 8 and Allaire Homesite 4.5 and thats about it, oh and that flash button program i got from here too.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    notepad

Dave

bald headed old fart

Status
    chertsey, a small town 25 miles south west of london, england.

Notepad.....that's my all time favourite too

coothead

Status
    lmao ok yeah i have that lol, what else? any special software u guys use that i should know about? i have PSP 8 and Homesite 4.5 and i also have Flash MX professional so what else is there? i know i could use Notepad, i have before too but i just use Homesite since its more usefriendly and everything is at ur hands not to mention its a WYSIWYG program for those times that u want to manually adjust things.

bald headed old fart

Status
    chertsey, a small town 25 miles south west of london, england.
    Hi there deadfinger04,

The beauty of 'NotePad' is that it teaches you to hand code.
    It's like learning to walk before you run

If you are serious about web design, then download these
    browsers...
    • firefox
    • Netscape
    • mozilla
    • Opera

....invaluable for checking cross browser compatability

coothead

Status
    Hi all,

i'd just like to add http://www.chami.com/html-kit/]html-kit to the list as i've found it invaluable.

krak_d

Status
    heh lol i have all those browsers and i find FF the best actually, ff i skinda weird at times though and wont show some pics.and i have used Notepad no and then, and i do know my codes and i do the codes only, but homesite is just a breeze to use. u can view ur stuff really easy and it helps u out when ur stuck not to mention it has a nice way of putting different code values in blue so u know when its right. hmm i think ill check out that HTML kit

please contact admin

Status
    This is what I have in my tool box:

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/download.php Really sharp program. Allows for code collapsing and such when editing.

Frontpage 2003 -> Only thing I use this for is table layouts. I go back and edit all the garbage that frontpage puts in it's code out when I have my layouts.

Photoshop 7 -> great tool for graphics.

ImageReady -> comes with photoshop 7. Use this for slicing your images.

My all time favorite editor is pico or vi.

Tired Student...(Z_z)

Status

Programs

Since our environment bounces through several languages (ahhh... site-based management ), I use a variety of programs.

I use DreamWeaver MX 2004 in code-mode just because it's what I'm familiar with and loads several applications; I can jump back and forth between design and code quite simply. FrontPage 2003 was mentioned for this purpose; however, DW just seems less of a system burden. I also can modify ASP, PHP, ASP.NET, and flat XHTML in it with the same interface.

If I need to layout something very touchy in .NET, I use Visual Studio 2004. It's our company's pseudo standard for application development in VB and C#.

On most coding, I also use NotePad ++. It's quick, easy to use, and has the same great source formatting that I like in DreamWeaver. If I'm coding directly on one of my Linux boxes, I use VI. I'm still a *nix geek at heart.

For graphics, I use Fireworks to do graphic manipulation and Freehand to draw out sites prior to building them. I love PhotoShop and ImageReady; however, the budget just isn't there for them at this time.

For browsers, I test using those previously mentioned and on PC and Macs. Since we're a school district, everything has to be "Mac friendly," which is good practice in general. I also test in Lynx for Windows to try to get as close to ADA compatability as I can.

Hope this helps... the best thing I can recommend is finding programs that you are familiar with and fit your development style.

Thanks!

-David

Status
    well actually i know use PS7 (photoshop 7 wit image ready), which rules since u can make rollovers in a breeze, and what i use for most my designs in my sites. and Homesite 4.5 cuz like i said before its great to use and very easy to fix things if i get lost. i think thats pretty much everything i need, i already have Flash MX pro ( i think thats the name, its the newest one out) but i need to learn flash.

New User

Status

HTML Editor

Here's one that I find has more features than Notepad ++
    Edit Plus
    http://www.editplus.com/
    one of which is html tool bar, which can be also be used on perl, for instance, for adding the dynamic content, and Edit Pad has tool help for scripts and forms and applets etc, free if you are willing to put up with nag screen