275 users online (0 members and 275 guests)  

New User

Status

Any free wav. web hosting sites about?

I am looking for either a wav. or sound hosting sites or places that I could link to for free sound bits or music much like the image hosting site I am a member of at: Photobucket

New User

Status
    I can't find one - it's quite irritating

New User

Status

Re: Any free wav. web hosting sites about?

you could use putfile.com
    free sign up and upload many file types.
    and there's http://www.zshare.net/ but it does not host for any longer than 2 weeks with no downloads/streams. (really fast streaming).

New User

Status

Are we have different web hostings for different sites? Suppose, i have to launch a games web site. My question is are we have any specialized web hosting sites individually?

Thanks for sharing.

Regards.

Web Hosting Sites

New User

Status

Try looking on the freewebhost forums , many free hosts post and list themselves there.

New User

Status

Hi there

I'd like to host some .wav music files on my site, in such a fashion that users can listen, but not download. If they were in some sort of music player where people could play, pause, go back and forth in the track, that kind of thing, that would be even better. I've seen a few modules out there but nothing that seems to support .wav. Can it be done?

Status

Cool Re: Any free wav. web hosting sites about?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi there

I'd like to host some .wav music files on my site, in such a fashion that users can listen, but not download. If they were in some sort of music player where people could play, pause, go back and forth in the track, that kind of thing, that would be even better. I've seen a few modules out there but nothing that seems to support .wav. Can it be done?

Most likely it wouldn't be possible unless you know how to setup an RTMP protocol stream that links to the file you want the player to target however I think it only works with MP3 files. The reason why it's nearly impossible is because in order for the wav file to be heard, it has to be downloaded to the computer automatically in some temp/cache folder. If you were to block that somehow, the wav file wouldn't be able to be played at all.

My advice is to convert the WAV file to an MP3 file and upload to Soundcloud. You can disable the download button which would stop most people but it won't prevent stream downloading software from getting the file. There's a flash embed code also so you can add it to your site. Hopefully that helps!