48 users online (0 members and 48 guests)  

Related

1. Image in between menu options    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 6
  2. Running out of promotional options    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. options based on one option    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    please contact admin

Status

Not happy with Ensim Pro... Options??

I have a server set up that I haven't started hosting others with yet because I am very dissapointed with Ensim. I do not like the control panel at all. The only other one that i am familiar with is Hsphere which I liked very much. But at a price of $450 for setup and first 100 domains or so that is a bit steep since I am starting this up out of my pocket.

So here are some questions:

Is it possible to design your very own Control Panel? If so what code can be used to write it? Could I say do it in PHP?

Are there any cheap affordable yet good Control Panels out there that you may have used and liked?

I want something that is both easy for the server admin to use and all the way down to site admins.

Ensim takes forever to learn all the ins and outs and the help manual is really less than informative.

New User

Status
    well I find cpanel is the best and easiest and offers the most.

advertising removed
    Last edited by HTML; 12-10-2004 at 05:33 AM.

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek
    Is it possible to design your very own Control Panel?
    Yes, of course. But you'd have to know what you were doing, and by the time you done my guess is you would find it wasn't worth the effort if only to use on one site.

If so what code can be used to write it? Could I say do it in PHP?
    PHP can be used, but to my knowledge, and I could be wrong on this, but I think you would need something else for the "back end" of the deal. Might be good to know some XML.

Are there any cheap affordable yet good Control Panels out there that you may have used and liked?
    We use Plesk Reloaded, and we love it. I've also heard a lot of good things about cPanel, but I don't have a testemonial for you there. If you're using a dedicated box through a major company, you can normally pay an extremely reasonable monthly fee. For example, we supply Plesk for just an extra $17/mo on our dedicated servers. Most other CP makers allow similar deals, I know cPanel is also included there.

I want something that is both easy for the server admin to use and all the way down to site admins. Ensim takes forever to learn all the ins and outs and the help manual is really less than informative.
    Plesk has sort of an OS-X layout IMO, very simple and logical; again I've heard good things about cPanel in this department as well. If I were you I'd research the two of these and decide what best fits your needs. Good luck !!

--
    Corey Northcutt
    Last edited by QuietDean; 02-03-2005 at 04:09 PM.