46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Related

1. HYDRA ~ Unbreachable or is it ~ Interesting Times    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

pinging times out

Not sure where to put this, but I'm having a problem accessing www.rant.com and when I ping the site, it times out. But also when I ping other sites like ebay or msn it times out also, but I can still get to those sites. I do get a response if I ping yahoo. Weird?

Time Warner/RoadRunner is my ISP and I am on a wireless router. Could that be causing the problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Tired Student...(Z_z)

Status
    Does your wireless router support ping responses? Some routers can block both incoming pings (good for security) and incoming ping responses (the little bounce back you get when you ping something)... e.g. I can't ping outside our WAN at my office because our PIX blocks the bouncebacks. Might check your router settings.

-David

Administrator

Status
    And not all web-servers will respond to ping anyway. If you can access them thru your browser, dont worry about it.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?