113 users online (0 members and 113 guests)  

Thread: timezones

New User

Status

timezones

hi there,
    i have a script(ClockRun) that runs a clock giving the hours,minutes and seconds.
    what i need to do is show the local time in users computer, and show the time in two more diferent timezones.
    I can show local user time, but i'm don't know how to to now the time in "Lisbon" and "Sao Paulo" for instance.
    what i'm using is this:

var date = new Date();
    var hour = date.getHours();
    var minutes = date.getMinutes();
    var seconds = date.getSeconds();
    new ClockRun(hour,minutes,second)

so, i want to run the "ClockRun" with those two diferent timezones, for wich i have to know the actual time of the timezone in date.

can anyone help me?

thanks in advance

Tired Student...(Z_z)

Status
    Hello!

While I'm not familiar with that particular script, I have used this clock generator before:

http://www.maxxblade.co.uk/clock/

You can specify all of the options, the time zone, etc and it will generate the proper code. The key is that you'll need to know the GMT +/- for the specific time zone you wish to display. For example, I'm in GMT -6 with USA daylight savings time--that's Central Daylight Time.

Hope this helps and, if nothing else, gives you some tweaking ideas for your existing script.

Thanks!

-David

New User

Status
    how stupid i was.
    you are quite right, i spent just a little time looking at the script and foud what you said.
    just have to do this:

new ClockRun(hour,minutes,second,-4)

thanks for your help