39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. Web hosts...    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 14
  2. Beware of ipowerweb they are TERRIBLE!!!    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 17
    New User

Status

Advanced Network Hosts = Terrible

After reading some other reports about problems with IPowerWeb (I also had many problems with Ipower and moved to another company.) So after my problems with Ipower I moved to Advanced Network Hosts

Very Big Mistake.

My domain was online and offline intermittantly for several weeks. They contantly promised faults with a switch on their network had been resolved. Their 24 hour Tech Support department was completely unavailable by telephone. Emails were responded to such as "what problem" "we have no problem" "the problem must be with your internet provider etc etc" So after my online business came to a crippling halt, and online orders dried up, and my Google Adwords account was suspended as my web page was offline more than it was online, I finally moved to a new host which has been fantastic,with 100% availability.

Advanced Network Hosts was so bad I started using my own availability tools to prove there was a problem with their servers. Only then did they look more closely at the problems. I finally managed to contact their president by email who, to his small credit, provided me 2 months free hosting after apparently fixing their switch. Well, the problems only got worse and nobody responded to telephone messages, emails, or even faxes !!

So much for a redundant network. They blamed a faulty switch port, well if they were using load balancing available in any level 3 or 4 switch, there would not have been a problem. Looking more into the fault, my problem only occured since my oridinal server had become overloaded (I also noticed this performance drop over the previous month) and I was moved to a new, obvously more problematic, server.

I requested my 30 day money back guarantee and a refund of my yearly hosting that I paid in advance. No responce was made. I asked sevearl times and finally disputed the amounts with my credit card provider.

I would never recommend Advanced Network Hosts to anybody. Disgraceful service and acted extremely unethically.

Regards,
    Nick Balgowan.
    http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
    Last edited by HTML; 10-13-2004 at 04:20 PM. Reason: removed links to host

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Welcome to the forums

You really cannot expect anything but poor customer service from an unkown company that offers 62 gigs of transfer for only 6.95, I certainly would never under any circumstances host a business site on one of these accounts.

Dave

New User

Status
    Thank you for your feedback. The majority of your post is completely untrue.

You signed up April of 2003, this is much past 30 days.

Instead of contacting us for refund you went straight to your credit card company to dispute the charge. If you have contacted us prior to doing so we would have been able to work something out to your satisfaction.

I personally, am here M-F 9-6, 99% of our calls are answered in 2 rings or less, give us a call see how fast we answer 1-866-203-9373.

If the event there is a hardware or software issue, and its very rare that this ever happens, the clients on the server affected are notified immediately with a detail descript of what happened.

Here's some our our uptimes from a few random servers I checked just now:
    # uptime
    16:36:37 up 193 days
    # uptime
    16:37:47 up 136 days
    # uptime
    4:37pm up 167 days
    # uptime
    4:38pm up 169 days

We guarantee customer satisfaction 100%, I would like to extend our 30 day money back guarantee to 90days for anyone reading this. We are certain you will be satisfied with our service.

Sincerely,
    Doug W.
    AdvancedNetworkHosts.com

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Welcome to the forums

You really cannot expect anything but poor customer service from an unkown company that offers 62 gigs of transfer for only 6.95, I certainly would never under any circumstances host a business site on one of these accounts.

Dave
    Why not?

New User

Status
    Our testimonials speak for themselves, we get this kind of feedback on a daily basis:
    Last edited by HTML; 12-04-2004 at 10:36 AM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I removed the link in your post to your testimonials. I know you have an affiliate program that would pay me to link to you, I choose not to sacrifice our users for a few bucks, I certainly am not going to sacrifice them for free.

After some investigation on your testimonials and seeing the same testimonials on so many other sites I am sure you dont really want others clicking your link anyway.

Dave

New User

Status

Angry Advanced Network Hosts is awful to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by dwalker
    Thank you for your feedback. The majority of your post is completely untrue.

Instead of contacting us for refund you went straight to your credit card company to dispute the charge. If you have contacted us prior to doing so we would have been able to work something out to your satisfaction.

I personally, am here M-F 9-6, 99% of our calls are answered in 2 rings or less, give us a call see how fast we answer 1-866-203-9373.

If the event there is a hardware or software issue, and its very rare that this ever happens, the clients on the server affected are notified immediately with a detail descript of what happened.

# uptime
    # uptime
    # uptime
    # uptime

We guarantee customer satisfaction 100%, I would like to extend our 30 day money back guarantee to 90days for anyone reading this. We are certain you will be satisfied with our service.

Sincerely,
    Doug W.
    AdvancedNetworkHosts.com
    WHAT ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. Doug Walker from Advanced Network Hosts has FABRICATED ALL his "original" customer testimonials on his web page. If he uses sock puppets to promote himself and how good his web hosting is, how can we believe anything that he says? Any place on the internet a negative review is writen about Advanced Networking Hosts, Doug Walker IMMEDIATELY writes a standard reply saying "this customer is wrong, look at our testimonials, here are our up time reports"

I had emails from Google Adwords suspending my account because my hosting with Advanced Network Hosts was UNAVAILABLE for weeks on end. I also had independent reports from Internet Seer web page monitoring saying my uptime was on average about 55%. All Doug's staff said there were no problems with their servers or network. Then Doug fianlly admits a faulty switch. Surely a proper firm would have load balancing and redundant paths to all servers? Even the cheapest Layer 3 and 4 switches offer redundant paths and load balancing.

Doug Walker refused point blank to provide me a refund. He did not answer any of my requests for a refund. He then said he tried to contact me, but then realised I had already changed hosts. What a load of rubbish. My domain would still have resolved and so would my email addresses. Infact, to further point out his lies, I even used my local ISP email address, so my contact email would always have been contactable. Since I was having problems with my hosting email, I obviously COULD NOT use that to contact Advanced Networking Hosts.

Doug Walker and Advanced Networking Hosts are completely unethical. I have a letter in my hand from my bank from Doug Walker saying they will continue to dispute, my credit card dispute. Doug has supplied historial information and information that does not even relate to my hosting with his firm. Doug left another company and took my account with him. He TOOK MY ACCOUNT, I never signed with him.

This is the most unethical behavious I have ever experienced in my entire life. As long as Doug Refuses to give me a full refund, and continues to dispute my credit card dispute, I will continue to write as many reviews and experiences with Advanced Networking Hosts as reasonable to do so.

I wish you well in your furture business Doug.

New User

Status

Talking Advanced Network Hosts = a Fraud.

Why not?
    Because you make up things, lie and basically operate an unethical firm. Advanced Network Hosts has been exposed as a fraud, and the fact you have fabricated your testimonials means you have absolutely no credibility left. Why should anybody believe a thing you keep saying?

New User

Status

Red face Advanced Network Hosts = unavailable support

Doug, first of all. Your company did NOT EXIST in April 2003. I joined with ANHOSTING. You left this company, or they booted you out is the story they tell me, and starting your own firm Advanced Network Hosts.com.

Again this is rubbish. I have PAGES of telephone bill where calls to your support and billing went unanswered. PAGES Doug, unanswered short calls. I also sent email, logged jobs, and sent faxes. You did offer my 2 months free hosting, which I initially accepted, when you admitted to faulty equipment and promised problems were solved. My web page was offline for the whole of the next day again. So don't give me rubbish I didn't try to contact you. I have all the emails, phone bills, fax logs etc etc and your groveling/pittifuk 2 month compensation. I would actually have been happy with that, had you actually fixed your faults!!

Yes Doug. I am sure that sales do answer. Every time I called SALES they did answer. But try calling your support when you have wide spread issues with your network, I am sure more people would have been calling at that time.

Rubbish. I was never told anything. First them moved me to a new server without telling me. Then they moved me to a new company without telling me. Then for a month they continually denied perfomance problems, blaming my local ISP or some other provider. Even after I proved my web page was unavailable (Google, Internet Seer, my own WhatsUpGold monitoring) they reluctantly told me what the ongoing problems were. Still no official bulk email with an update. So again, Doug seems to be fabricating an ideal service level.

# uptime
    # uptime
    # uptime
    # uptime
    Doug, is this from the same servers as the puppets that have written your testimonials? How can we believe any statistics that you report? Mine showed 55%. Google Adwords suspended my account for it being constantly unavailable.

Ok Doug. Please substantiate your guarantee and make me 100% satisfied. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. I notice what other people have, that you attempt to promot your firm in your responces. On numerous forums your posts have been removed or edited to remove your affiliate links and self promotional links.

I have made a counter cliam with my bank to defunc your counter claim for my charge back. I have already contacted a US based attorney and I will not hesitate to sue you for my money, plus losses and damages. I am speaking with an attorney who has experience in these matters, and my letters from Google and my own Monitoring are more than enough to get money back our of you my friend!. Choice is yours!

I logged COUNTLESS support tickets online with you, EVERY ONE OF THEM WAS closed immediately saying "there is no problem" or "the problem must be with your local ISP" or "stop logging so many jobs"

Honestly, its not the amount of money at all. I really don't care about that. I do however, DETEST, unethical and dishonest people doing business and I will pursue every possible avenue to recoupe my money from you

Here is an email from Internet Seer where my domain was down for 22 minutes. I was getting this regularly DAILY !!!

URL: http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
    Time: Sat Sep 04 18:01:13 EDT 2004
    Total Time on Error: 22 minutes, 47 seconds

URL: http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
    Time: Sat Sep 04 17:45:46 EDT 2004
    Error Type: Time Out

Here is one of the MANY emails from Google suspending my advertising account and saying my web page was offline AGAIN.

Sent: Tuesday, 31 August 2004 9:54 PM
    To: info@beatpsoriasis.com
    Subject: Your Google AdWords Approval Status

Hello Nick,

Thank you for advertising with Google AdWords. After reviewing your account, I have found that one or more of your ads or keywords does not meet our guidelines. The results are outlined in the report below.

----------------------------------------------
    Campaign: 'Campaign #1,' Ad Group: 'psoriasis'
    ----------------------------------------------

AD TEXT:

Home UVB phototherapy
    Real medically proven treament with
    over 95% success rate. No drugs.
    www.beatpsoriasis.com

Action taken: Suspended - Pending Revision
    Issue(s): Destination URL Not Working
    ~~~~~~~~~

Still making this all up????????????? I have also included 1 attachment that over just 45 minutes monitoring, it was unavailable for 5%. It was still unavailable when I took this screen dump, and it was unavailable for the rest of that day.

Doug, in case your forgot about your email to Google, here it is now. Although you claim the problems were only for that day, that is complete rubbish again.

Subject: RE: Your Google AdWords Approval Status
    Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:42:42 -0500

Dear Google Ad-words,

This is Doug Walker president of Advanced Network Hosting. This morning we were experiencing network problems which have been resolved. It seems at the same time you were checking the destination URL for beatpsoriasis.com, which didn't resolve because of our network problems.

I assure you this URL is correct and our network problems have been resolved.
    C:\Documents and Settings\desktop >ping beatpsoriasis.com

Pinging beatpsoriasis.com [69.65.19.136] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 69.65.19.136: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=49 Reply from 69.65.19.136: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=49 Reply from 69.65.19.136: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=49 Reply from 69.65.19.136: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 69.65.19.136:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 15ms, Maximum = 27ms, Average = 18ms

I would appreciate if you check his destination URL again and approve his account.

Thanks in advanced for looking into this.

Sincerely,
    Doug Walker

Have a good day.

New User

Status

Red face Keep them coming.

Doug, you keep denying to me and the rest of the world that you took my account and my creidt card details. I signed with ANHOSTING, who you previously were part owner, your partner went to MidPhase with half the customers, and you took the other half and started your own firm. You can read the news report on MidPhase's web page. Here is the information from Midphase.

Reply:
    Hello,

Back in May, ANhosting split into two companies.

One of the owners took half of ANhosting servers and formed what is known as Advancednetworkhosting.

The other owner remained at ANhosting and sold his half to Midphase

The company was split by the servers and not by customers, that's why you were at advancednetworkhosting

New User

Status

Talking Joint legal action against Advanced Network Hosts

Hello. I have have seen so many bad reviews about Advanced Networking Hosts and I have writen several myself. As a result of these reviews, I have recieved a LARGE number of direct emails from people who have had similar (or even worse) experiences with Advanced Network Hosts.

Therefore, I am forming a group of people looking to take legal action against this firm for misrepresenation, fraudulent activity and now damages. If you are also a victim of Advanced Network Hosts, please contact me at my web page at www.beatpsoriasis.com and click on Contact to reach me directly. The more people we have, the more chance we have of success. It will cost a small amount for the legal action, but it will be divided evenly by everybody who wants to be involved. It is also a small price to pay to send a loud message to this firm their attitude and disgraceful misrepresentation is not appreciatd in this industry.

Thankyou.

Administrator

Status

What rookie attorney told you that a message board is the way to form a class? It is painfully obvious that you have not even spoke to an attorney regarding this.

New User

Status
    To answer your question; none. I never mentioned an attorney recommended this course of action, infact I never mentioned an attorney yet at all.

However, I have actually spoken with an attorney and it is difficult for them to represent me as I am not in the USA, but he did suggested I find other people in the USA to co-ordinate something. I already have several people who have contacted me as a result of my original review, and now we have all decided to find as many people as possible. This method has already been working so it makes sense to keep using it!

I have received numerous email from other people with very similar stories about this host. Its done far beyond a few dollars worht of hosting fees.

Administrator

Status

What you are proposing is a class action suit, you cannot organize a class action suit, I cannot organize a class action suit.

No this method is not working, it is getting you a list of angry ex customers. If it is working so well how many of these angry customers have filed an individual case?
    I have actually spoken with an attorney and it is difficult for them to represent me as I am not in the USA, but he did suggested I find other people in the USA to co-ordinate something.
    I do not get this, a lawyer told you to have other people sue him for you or he wants you to have people in the US from a class? Obviously it is neither of those because that is not the way the law works. What exactly does he want you to get people to do?

Do not get me wrong, I understand that these guys are not what they seemed to be, but with nonsense like this...score one for the bad guys.

Dave

New User

Status
    Dave,

I fail to see why this is ruffling your feathers. I have not mentioned anything about a class action or an attorney until you raised it. I have not detailed anywhere online what I have in the pipe line, other than asking for people in a similar situation to contact me to explore the possbilities.

And yes, part of my issue is that I am not in the US, and yes, everything is different there, hence I'm looking for people in the USA who can offer assistance. these people have contacted me in the past, and I need to get in contact with them again.

Sorry to have upset you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last