49 users online (0 members and 49 guests)  

Related

1. backgrounds    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 9
  2. iframes backgrounds    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 7
  3. backgrounds    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. Backgrounds and Images    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 13
  5. Backgrounds    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    Evil twin of Dave

Status

Question Using Interface Backgrounds Made in Photoshop?

Ok I really would like to redo my site, and I have an idea of what I want too. The only problem is that I dont' know how to do it. The example I could give is http://art.counter-strike.net in the backgound of the page is a simple interface, if you can call it that. I'd like to do the same thing and allready have my site somewhat layed out. I tried to have someone explain it to me but it didn't help much....so I know I can rely on someone here. Thx in advance.

-Dave

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Dave,

Sounds like you are just looking for a decent little template to use. There are many sites that offer free templates to the public, problem is that the public sees them all the time. I would suggest contacting Alex at http://www.edencreations.com
    Eden Creations I have seen lots of his work...you are looking at some of it

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Evil twin of Dave

Status

Arrow

What I'm looking to do is add a .gif image as the background. Look at the source for the example i posted and you'll see a bunch of .gif images that make up the blue interface type thiing. I already have the interface made...just wanna implement it into a page. I'm not sure if you get what I'm trying to do. Maybe i'm just the one that's confused. Thx for trying to help Dave, maybe I wasn't being too specific.

Status

background

it looks to me that there isn't one background image. the whole thing is laid out with tables using small images here and there to make up the total image.

if you have photoshop then you should have image ready. this programs lets you splice a big image into a bunch of little ones. it puts all the small images into a table. once you save that you can move the images to the background of each table cell so that you can type on top of it. the only thing is you have to specify the height and width for each cell for it to look right.

i hope this makes sense. let me know if you need more help.
    robert koons

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Gah I wish it wasn't so complicated. I want something more proffesional looking but HTML is only a basic skill for me. Yes i do have image ready with my Photoshop, so do I just slice it up and save it for web? Bah maybe i'll just go a different route.........who knows. I'll try to figure it out. You can email me if you want to help out some more. dabailey@adelphia.net

-Dave

Evil twin of Dave

Status

Talking

Ok this is what i have....it's all split up into a table....but how exactly peg do i make it the background of a cell? http://home.adelphia.net/~dabailey/newsitetest.html is waht I have so far so you can see what i'm trying to accomplish. Thx in advance. And thx for the help so far.

-Dave

Slowly but surely we'll get through this

Status
    Well, i'm assuming that you want to be able to type your content in the light grey area. If that's what you want, then all you need is the top half of your design and make the rest with tables. Then you would need to do is color the background of the cells.

Hope that makes sense.
    robert koons

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    OH WOW I AMAZE MYSELF I just figured all this stuff out. Check out my progress http://home.adelphia.net/~dabailey/workinprogress/news.html Could you guys look at the source and tell me if i'm doing something on a really round about way that i could be doing easier. It's not that hard but I don't want to encounter big problems later on. Thx.

-Dave