56 users online (1 members and 55 guests)  

Thread: software help!

Related

1. Antivirus software    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 1
  2. Ftp software    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 7
  3. Help me out with software    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. SEO Software    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 4
  5. New software site. Submit your software!    Forum: Internet Services
    Replies: 0

Status

software help!

I have a very serious problem that I have been trying to solve for three months now. I need some help please.
    I have a program that is a license key generation program. It is written in C++ and we have a command line version as well as a windows version. I want my resellers who are located internationally to be able to go to my website, run the license key program, input the information it needs, and get the key code back. However, I DO NOT want them to have the ability to download the program to their lap tops for obvious reasons.
    Now I am willing to purchase software if there is a program out there that can allow us to do this. I have downloaded ASPexec but all that does is start the program on my server and does not give me access to it on the client side.
    Please help, my time is running out quickly and It is a dire need for this site.
    Thank you in advance!

Administrator

Status
    No quick answer, I am afraid. If you had developed the program for a unix environment it would be a quick answer, but windows..

If you need your server-side program to interact with a web visitor, you have two options.

You can either write both web and server-side programs in .net (possibly C#, its by far the best) and they can then interact. In your case, you would need to convert your program into a COM or COM+ object. These can be called from asp easily and will process and return your results neat-like.

However, I have never written a com object in my life. This might get you down the correct path: http://www.microsoft.com/com/default.mspx

Considering the program is C++, you might find it easier to convert it to C#. As long as your webserver has .NET installed you should then be laughing.

Status
    Thanks for the info Dean