46 users online (1 members and 45 guests)  

Related

1. Unique affiliate programs question    Forum: Affiliate Marketing and Reseller Programs
    Replies: 3
  2. Listing a New Affiliate Programs    Forum: Affiliate Marketing and Reseller Programs
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Affiliate Programs stink--or is that AdSense?

I've been told by some that Affiliate Programs don't make any money and to stick with AdSense. Others say that Affiliate Programs are the only way to make real money on the internet.

I have more experience with AdSense than affiliate programs, so I wanted to get your opinions about which is true and which is not--if either.

Thanks!

Status

Re: Affiliate Programs stink--or is that AdSense?

if you don't get a bunch of traffic, affiliate programs are your best bet.

New User

Status

I'm making a great living from it!

New User

Status

I do well with both. AdSense is good, depending on the content of your site-- depending on what the publishers are paying for each click.

You have to figure out if that .02 cents is worth each click, or to get 3-12% of an item.

For example, a nintendo video game site is going to be hard to convert as the CTR is going to be high, but conversions will be low..... So you'll get your .02 per click and lousy conversion ratios on products.

You really just need to do a trial run, and be fair to each one to see which way is best to monetize your traffic.

New User

Status

I think the question should not be which one is better or which one should you go with. It is always best to monitize your site using both. Some visitors will click text ads and google links while others will purchase from affiliate links. Having both just further enusre your profitability.

Thanks
    NicheGuy

Disabled

Status

I would agree to most of the opinion: Its difficult to answer the question.

I would suggest find the best online business, many of them are promoted on line.
    Just the matter of to be wise to choose it. Its need advise to an expert one.

The further step is of course promote it. Its also need a basic and an advance training.
    So far as my exp. the Google Adwords and Email Marketing are the best effective ones.

However it is advisable that if we have small ad budget then FREE posting is the good choice until we get sufficient amount and knowledge to do the paid advertising.

New User

Status

It really depends on your website.
    I've got both Adsense and affiliate progs on my site.
    The Adsense side performs extremely well whilst the affiliate side is very poor, to the extent that I might as well remove them from the web pages they are on.
    Its just a matter of trying out all the options to find the best revenue generator for your particular site.

New User

Status

Depends. You can make big money with both Adsense and affiliate programs. Adsense is a bit easier if you want to focus on your content rather than squeezing out the bucks from your site. Affiliate programs can be just as easy to use, but you need to put a lot of work in if you really want to make the big bucks. I suppose, as with anything, you need to put the time and effort in to receive the return.

New User

Status

I have been using both Adsense and Affiliate marketing in my internet marketing career. Your question is not that difficult to answer, though this could be just my personal opinion.
    Whatever is it that earns you money on the internet, requires traffic. Till the time you do not have enough traffic you cannot make money either from Adsense or, Affiliate marketing (I do not suggest using Adwords to promote affiliate marketing products). So your first objective is to build traffic to whatever website you want to promote.
    Adsense is always the best way to begin. Build mini-sites with adsense codes stuffed into it and interlink them. Do a bit of link building and article marketing and you should see a trickle of traffic coming to your website. Add blog commenting to it and the traffic will increase. You will see clicks happening and you earning pennies from these websites.
    Add a few affiliate products into these webpages gradually. You can also create links to your affiliate marketing websites on these adsense websites. This will divert some traffic to your affiliate websites and you will start to see sales dropping in from them.
    I have seen a ratio of 1 sale per 53 clicks from adsense. The affiliate product fetches me about $45 - $50 whereas Adsense gives me about $10- $15.

New User

Status

Talking Re: Affiliate Programs stink--or is that AdSense?

It's all good when you have a Ton of free targeted traffic.
    You really can't lose with either Adsense or an Affiliate program. The trick is to get free targeted traffic, then you overhead is zero. The only thing you can do is make money.

I make money with both.