58 users online (0 members and 58 guests)  

Thread: My New Site

Related

1. Driving traffic to site by having content on site    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Evil twin of Dave

Status

Arrow My New Site

I just finished this yesterday and am quite pleased with the results. So far I've only recieved positive feedback but any comments would be greatly appreciated. The link is: http://home.adelphia.net/~dabailey Please tell me what you think.

-Dave

Administrator

Status
    I likes it!

The only (tiny) niggle is that I dont like the 'news' box being right on the edge like that. But that may be just me!

I see you want a php news script? I have many, based on 'flat-files' 'cos I dont have mySQL.

I got an excellent one whereby you leave a HTML template in the same directory and it makes each news post in that template

you want a copy?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Oh yeah Dean.....that news was just temporary so I could put the site up. I've never actually used php so if your news script(if that's what u call it) is hard then no thanks. But on the other hand if you wouldn't mind giving me a quick explanation and then the script that would be great. I didn't like the look of my news.....and I think php is easier to update? or maybe i'm wrong but all I know is that I want it. Ok well i'm tired....just ran two miles up this huge hill so if you want to send me that info along with the script just drop me a note at [email]dabailey@adelphia.net[/email] Thanks Dean.

-Dave

Administrator

Status
    k. Im off to work at the moment, as soon as I get back I'll whip off a 'neater' version for you and email ya.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

Be Yourself

Status

i love it

it's nice, neat, and well organized! Great job

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Thx everyone! Can you believe that I taught myself all this stuff (3DSMAX, Photoshop, HTML, etc.)? I've gotten nothing but positive feedback recently which is soooo amazing. /me pats himself on his back. I've added a link to this awesome site because it has been nothing but positve. Great job Dave! (I have to laugh everytime I see our name on this page, just because.) Keep up the good work everyone!

-Dave

Status

Dean... OHH NO!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by QuietDean [/i]
    [B]I likes it!

I see you want a php news script? I have many, based on 'flat-files' 'cos I dont have mySQL.

you want a copy? [/B][/QUOTE]

Dean, what ever you do, get a mysql db! They are the greatest! (well maybe besides postre).

Freesql.org is down often, but it will give you something to mess with.

Administrator

Status
    lol, Z.

I have just bought mySQL hosting.... somepeople.net needed a home. (nowt there yet, only bought it yesterday!)

Hmm. using mySQL on my windoze box, I have found that its a case of horses-for-courses.

mySQL is fantastic for any ASCII based, heavily complex DB problem. However, for a low-demand problem, I have found a flat-file is quicker.

[b]I don't mean a flat-file database![/b]

they suck, and tend to corrupt.

I mean using unix the way it was designed. No db, clever use of files and directories.

^^^AFTER ALL THE ABOVE IS SAID^^^

I am loving having a mySQL DB to play with!

Unregistered
    Come on guys stay on topic here