37 users online (0 members and 37 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 3
  2. how can i do (loading...)    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Loading problem using phpThumb    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Replies: 5
  5. Problem loading .pdf file    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

web site loading problem

If you want to visit(/load) the web site www.icasa.ro , you will observe that it takes a very long time to be loaded. After a while is loaded instantly. I would like to make it to load progressive. How can I do that?

Administrator

Status
    For me, it loaded very quickly (less than 2 seconds) and it was progressive. It loaded the top, then the middle, then the sidebars.

I checked all your images, you have done a cracking job on the file sizes, they are all tiny (most of them less than a kilobyte!). I suspect even on a dial-up connection this page would load quickly.

This makes me think its slow for you becuase there is something wrong with your internet connection?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    It is true that my Internet connection is not as good as yours. I have a 12 kbs I-net connection. But I still want to improve the loading speed of the web site because most of my visitors have the same bad Internet connection as I have.

I made an optimization upon the images, html templates, css files and now I`m trying to make an optimization of the php script. Do you have any idea, can I make optimizations of other elements of the web site?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Here are some ideas

remove the dhtml tool tip, if anything can be done with the image map do it. and to help optimize the HTML have all code start at the beginning of the row and not 30 spaces towards the middle.

Dave

Administrator

Status
    And don't worry about the php script, thats all processed at the server end so your visitors wont have to download it anyway. They will have to download any results of the php script, however. But thats what you see when you view source.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    You can cause the page to load in sections in some browsers by spliting the site into several tables. Some older browsers (thinking IE4 ilk) used to not display any content inside a table till every part of the table including any images inside it had loaded. If your design is basically just one long table, then the browser will wait till all the page has loaded before rendering anything to the screen.

If you look at your code and rather than taking a new row in the table, try closing the table and opening a new one. Then each row, now each table will load and render on the screen seperatly.

Another tip is to try uning interlace on your gif files. This allows them to render rough to start then progressivly sharpen. This can also increase table render time as only the rough version of the gif has to load for the table to start drawing.

N.B. Modern browser render pages better now. So the above only works on old system.

New User

Status
    Thank you everybody for helping me. You really helped me. My problem is considered solved. I improved the loading speed enough. Sometimes, the web site is loading in less than 2 second, even if I have such a bad Internet connection. In the worst cases, the loading speed is about 4-5 seconds. Generally it is loaded in about 3 seconds.

Dave, I moved the image map to the bottom of the HTML page (PHP template) and I decreased the amount of memory (size in kb) of the map (gif file) from 13 kb to 5 kb.

QuietDean, you are right, but I expect that my database will be huge (thousands of records or even more - 30.000 - 50.000 records/one table - I have a lot of tables in my databases (50 tables), one table have more than 100 fields), that`s why I wanted to make the optimizations of the queryes now.

Rincewind, I tried to use your suggestions in solving my problems, but I observed that your advices are usefull only for HTML, but not for PHP scripts.

Thank you everybody again,
    ovello