61 users online (1 members and 60 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. Site Promotion tricks    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 7
    New User

Status

Unhappy Help with web site promotion and SEO

I have a fairly new website that I have created and I am a newbie. I think my content is worth reading, but I am having a hard time getting traffic to my site. Can someone review my site and tell me what I have done wrong and how I can improve it? The site is http://www.womenatthesummit.com

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    It is very hard to understand the code since it is all on just a few lines but I could see that the HTML code is not compliant Run it through this validtaor to correct the errors.

It looks like the site is not even a couple of months old yet so be a little patient. One thing I noticed right off the bat is that many of your links are through little buttons. I would make the text the links, anchor text (words inbetween the a href tags)is very important.

Dave

New User

Status

Now I'm really confused!!

Dave,

I have created the pages with Frontpage 2003 and many of the codes that show as noncompliant are those automatically put in by the software. If I import these files into Dreamweaver, will the software automatically correct the errors, or can I just delete the code that's noncompliant?

Thanks,

Karen

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    If you are going to use an editor, you should know that you are going to get non compliant code. Some of it can simply be removed, like extra font tags. Others you are going to have to correct actual problems, best done in notepad.

Dave

New User

Status

Frontpage stinks!

Thanks Dave, I'll see what I can do.

New User

Status

Affiliate links

Dave,
    I have been working my way through correcting the html, but I seem to have a problem with my affiliate links not passing. Is this something I can correct or will I have to contact the affiliate partner?

Administrator

Status

Not something you really need to worry about, In many cases you could do more harm than good causing lost commissions.

If you would like to post the code here using *s to block out your aff ID I will see what can be done.

Dave

New User

Status

Affiliate links

Dave, I found the problem to be the & sign in the affiliate codes. I changed them to read & and they seem to direct correctly and no longer record as an html error. I don't know if this will affect my commissions tho!

New User

Status

ready for the next step

Hi Dave,

I think I have corrected most of the noncompliant code (except for three pages I need to recreate). Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks,

Karen

Administrator

Status

I looked at the front page and still see several errors. Most are just missing quotes, but I saw many align=middle errors as well as bad links.

Middle is an attribute of valign, while center is the attribute for align. The link(s) are showing as just <href instead of <a href

Dave

New User

Status

We need to shake Bill Gates

Hi Dave,

I had checked everything several times with the w3c link and it was compliant. God only knows what happened now. I'll go back and correct it again. It would be nice to see things stay stable for awhile.

I talked to my web host about installing phpwebsite, and they said it was not something they would do without extra expense. I thought installing phpwebsite would give me more stability and consistency, but unless I can figure out how to install it manually I guess I am sol!

My web stats still seem to be all over the place and not what I'd hope for. I still have no plan here, but I am checking out some options.

I really do appreciate all your help.

Thanks and feel free to give any input you desire.

Take care,

Karen

Administrator

Status

It all takes time so do not expect it to happen overnight. I see that Google has noticed your site now, that is a huge step.

You should maybe consider using Adwords to help get the word out. Of course your site should have a way to make money so that you do not operate at a loss. I would suggest adding Adsense on the right side, this could help offset the costs of an Adwords advertising campaign.

Just be careful of the traffic brokers who offer you 1000 "targetted" viewers a day.

Dave

Administrator

Status

I was also going to suggest submitting your site to DMOZ if you have not already.

Dave

Administrator

Status

You will have to forgive me for being so scatter brained at the moment...

IMO your site would be perfect with a discussion forum like this one, in fact I would go so far as to say that it does not seem right without one. I hope I do not come across as sexist, but women love to talk. A site aimed towards womens physical and emotional health issues should allow for discussion. Women do not want to just read about it, they want to discuss it.

New User

Status
    3 Locust Street, Suite A Assonet, MA 02702

Re: Help with web site promotion and SEO

I think the website needs a lot of work to be done on it. It still looks like a site that is not professionally designed. The width of the page is very less also the height is not up to the mark.You should try to frame a footer for the websites & some more content to the left & right side of the main content. It is obviously my own view you can always have your own.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last