39 users online (1 members and 38 guests)  

Related

1. Hiding email addresses from spambots    Forum: Email Spam
    Replies: 16
  2. Forms that can't be submitted    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    Unregistered

Forms that can be submitted to different addresses- HELP!

Hi there everyone. I hope I'm posting this in the right place...

I am currently designing a site and the client wants me to set up a form where the user can choose what address to send the form to. I am sure this is possible, but I have no idea how to do it! Does anyone know?

Thank you so so so very much.

Administrator

Status
    Its pretty easy.. using some kind of server-side language.

Lets say you have a form input, a select box. its called 'sendto' and it has 20 different email addresses in it.

If you use PHP, or ASP or CGI/perl, then its childs play to have it read this input and send the mail to the correct address.

the problem is...do you have any knowledge of any of these thing? If not..

I recommend PHP. Its a fantastic 'first language' and is probably the best optimised language for te internet.
    if you are stuck, you can probably find a suitable script at

http://www.hotscripts.com

they have Perl/ASP/PHP...whatever you need!
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Anna
    Ok, hi, I'm stupid. I also don't know how to make a field in a form "required". Can anyone help with that too? Thank you!

Administrator

Status
    Hi Anna.

This is called form validation. And it usually goes one of two ways -

'Client-Side validation' is when you try to submit the form and an annoying box pops up saying 'Don't forget your email address!'. Grr. These are usually written in JavaScript ( http://www.javascript.com for tutorials etc ) and do the job well, with no extra load on the server and instant response.

'Server Side Validation' is when you submit the form and the next page says ' uhh..please fill in your email address. Thanks.'. These are achieved with server-side scripts like I mentioned in the above post.

I personally prefer server-side, because I find JavaScript a bit gimmicky. But thats just me.

Basically, your form action would be your script. This script would first make sure no fields are empty, and if they are not then would process the form information.

For a great primer on server-side languages, try

http://www.webmonkey.com

Cya.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?