45 users online (2 members and 43 guests)  

Related

1. image link to open url in iframe    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Pls review: Wikology - an open directory    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 1
  3. Link in web page won't open    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 8
  4. Open file in local directory    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Angry Open A Directory With A Link

Hi

I am creating an autorun HTML document that runs using ShellExecute & have created a C application that users the shellexecute and an command line arguement. Example:

Prgram Name: ShelExec.exe
    Does: Implements ShellExecute in C
    Usage: ShelExec [Doc name here]

ShelExex.exe index.htm

The above shows the HTML document normal focused, which is fine.

On the index page there is a list of 250 projects in individual directories...

My question is: How do I create a link which opens one of the project directories (normal focus) with shell execute passing the name of the directory to it using Dreamweaver MX? So, clicking on any of those links opens that particular project directory

Note:

Some of the project directory names are 3 words long & contain a space between each word.

Any ideas?

Administrator

Status
    Impossible to say without seeing the code
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Obviously Dean you are the wrong person to be answering the thread then

'Impossible withought seeing the code' lol@Dean

Imagine you have a table of 2 columns, 60 rows high.

Now, add some text to those cells. Lets just say that the text in the first cells is 'Project1'

Now, there is also a directory called 'Project1'. Clicking on this 'Project1' link opens up the directory 'Project1' normal focus...

ShellExecute takes 1 parameter, which is the name for the file/directory to display. So, if I was to type 'shelexec.exe index.htm' it would show the 'index.htm' normal focus.

Apart from Dean. Does anyone have any ideas?

Administrator

Status
    You can keep up that tone if you like, I don't mind removing your posts. But please note that if I can't understand your problem, then chances are this is down to the fact that you have not explained it very well.

I notice in your derogatory post that you explained the problem much better. I know exactly how to do what you need, presuming you have described it accurately this time.

But hey, 'Apart from Dean', so I'll not. Good luck getting help when you treat people trying to help you like that.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Dean is among the best of the bunch, hopefully he will see this thread and help you.

oops

New User

Status

Smile

Thanks for your response, but I have worked it out for myself

I used a normal link using site root & open in blank. So, it open a directory in a new directory window, which is exactly what I need.

As for the ShellExecute: I never needed to use it only for displaying the initial HTML file when the CD is inserted.