28 users online (1 members and 27 guests)  

Related

1. How to use Form Results within same page    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  2. Passing results of script in one form to another.    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Help setting button values before processing    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. overwrite results on submit form    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Form Results Processing

A General Question.

I have some forms on a site I am trying to help a small Charitable group with. The forms work fine, and I can get results emailsed without issue. But here is the Rub, the National Director, is a bit 'puter phobic, and would like the forms emailed in the same format they are filled out in (basically he would like to be able to print them as if he had the user actually fill them out and snail mail them to him). To continue my limitations, they host the web site on a Windows based system using front page to publish it (as have requested that I do not change it). Any one out there have a good idea of how I could get the form results emailed in a much more customized format while maintaining these limitations? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    -TB

Administrator

Status
    Hiya, welcome to the forums.

The only way you are going to achieve this is to send the form email as a HTML email. I don't know what form processor you are using, but you should have ASP available on your windows server, and there are a lot of free email sending objects out there that can send in HTML format.

Once thats done, it is relatively easy to layout the HTML in any manner you (or your Director ) chooses.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Re: Form Results Processing

Hi Ted B.,
    I am having a problem similar to yours--I have been trying to find a solution. How did you solve your problem? I would appreciate any help. I have a form, and basically need the form email results to look as close to the form as possible.

Thanks!
    Brandy