52 users online (1 members and 51 guests)  

Related

1. Brand New    Forum: Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Now, this is brand new...

As you might know, an increasing number of search engines - including some of the major ones - give better placement to sites according to the amount of traffic they have. This leads us to give importance also to UNTARGETTED TRAFFIC.

A new traffic generating system is AutoHits. It works just like a start page program, only it auto-refreshes itself every 10 seconds, at a 5:4 ratio. That is, for every 5 times your browser displays someone else's site, your site gets 4 hits in return.

All you have to do is to have one browser window open while you are online doing whatever you usually do: surf the web, read email, chat, etc. You'll accrue credits without even realize it. The maximum you can earn by yourself in one month (if you stay online 24-7) is 207,360 hits!

Those hits are highly untargetted traffic. Since my site is aimed to webmasters, I'm getting so far a (unexpected) 2% of 2nd click-thrus - which is not bad at all, considering the system - but websites aimed to the general public can only count on a zero-comma-something 2nd click-thru rate. But still - remember? - what we are looking for here are just PLAIN HITS.

Dan

Status
    A link would truly be valued

New User

Status
    Just follow my signature...

Dan

Status
    Just follow my signature...

Dan

New User

Status

If your site is aimed to webmasters...

...you definetely have to use TGP's!

I have been messing with TGP's in the last few weeks.
    TGP's are Traffic Generating Programs, the best known of are Startpage programs, Surf-for-hits and such.

Not that I particularly like to click on 'next' buttons or refresh my browser window every so-and-so-many seconds. In fact, I hate that.
    But I found out that TGP's are basically used by webmasters (99.9% or the users are), and that webmasters are a rich market indeed. I begun promoting my affiliate program directory at first, then I realized that it would be more profitable to promote directly products like hosting solutions, software, and even office products!

So what? Did I convert to a full-time 'clicker'?
    Forget it!

I just realized that most TGP's have ridiculous low rates on hit packages, sometimes as low as zero-comma-something cents p/ hit. That's right: PER HIT!

My next try will be promoting 'normal' products (even if some of you might not agree with me, webmasters ARE normal people too, who buy Christmas gifts, clothing, hauswares, etc.)

Stay tuned...

Dan

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    An old post I know, nut I felt it needed to be said that most "TGPs" will get you penalized in Google VERY quickly.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    ABSOLUTELY!

The high cost of extra bandwidth is another drawback to the kind of program suggested here...untargeted traffic may have been fine when banner ads were in their hey day and any old eyeballs would do, but that won't wash now, targeted traffic for a higher ROI and less extra bandwidth costs.

nightwing
    Ann/nitewing