42 users online (1 members and 41 guests)  

Related

1. looking for a counter    Forum: Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 1
  2. Counter Question    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. text counter    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. Counter!!!!!    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 3
  5. hit counter    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

looking for a counter

Hello,

I am new here, but not new to forums or webmastering. for some reason, I was not able to post a new thread in the appropriate section. And the FAQ did not tell me why. I am guessing new users can only post in certain sections. whatever the case this will cause many new users to post in areas where the thread should be elsewhere.

I found the section dealing with counters but like I said I was unable to post there. So please excuse my lack of obeying the proper section for this topic. perhaps a FAQ should be written explaining this...anywho, I am not new to webmastering but I am not an html programmer either. Altho I dabble in it. I had about 3 years of Basic programming in High School in the 80's and have webmastered now for about 5 years.

I am looking for an easy counter to add to my site. I need a counter than will count inividual pages separately and not add up all visitors to my website combined. I want to use an html code for every page to do this. I do NOT want to have to edit the code for each page to get the separate counter for each page. I am using a Stat counter and love it, but it does not give me individual page hits. But the counter is the same for every page. I will continue to use the stat counter, it is awesome, but wish for a 2nd counter on my pages.

If I must change the code for each page, I want one in which it is very quick to do so, perhaps by adding a number or something.

And yes of coarse I want a free one :-)

I will accept having to add a small banner or link, if neccesary, as long as it isn't offensive, in bad taste, or the like.

Anyone?

Thanks

Administrator

Status
    Hiya, welcome to the forums.

If you could let me know which forum refused to let you post, I will check the permissions on it.

As for counters, the "remotely hosted" counter business is quite big, I found quite a few but they are vague about individual page stats, I suspect most of them dont have it.

How about installing your own hit counter instead? You can grab free scripts that will give you a LOT more information as to hits etc without relying on a service from a third-party.

www.hotscripts.com is good for this. Here is the section for PHP counters:

http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Counters/index.html

If your host does not support PHP, start from www.hotscripts.com and you can find counters in mosr languages.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Ok I just tried again here are the results:

Advanced HTML For Beginners > Webmaster Forums > Webmaster Classifieds
    Internet Services