39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

View Poll Results: FAVORITE SEARCH ENGINES AND DIRECTORIES

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOOGLE

8 61.54%
  • YAHOO

2 15.38%
  • ABOUT

0 0%
  • ALLTHEWEB/FAST

0 0%
  • MAMMA

0 0%
  • NETSCAPE

0 0%
  • ALTAVISTA

2 15.38%
  • LYCOS

1 7.69%
  • GOTO

0 0%
  • LYCOS

0 0%

Related

1. Kindly review and critique my site!!!!    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 0
  2. Please critique    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 11
  3. www.servercube.com Please critique!!    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 2
  4. Critique this please    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Smile Web site Contributions and Critique

http://5url.com/

]http://search-engines-web.com [COLOR=orangered]We welcome your CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUES & CONTRIBUTIONS to our two web sites geared towards webmasters and web site developers[/COLOR]

Status
    it looks to me like your trying to impress the viewer with all these moving parts and pop up stuff. it gave me a headache. sorry if that's too strong, this is just my opinion. tone it down a bit. Also, i'm not big on using graphics for large portions of text. it takes longer to load and it's harder to read. one more thing. some of the navigation buttons were in strange positions, like they were in layers. i use 1024 x 768 as my screen resolution, so be sure to test in different screen settings.
    robert koons

Be Yourself

Status

ok

so you know dhtml, directx, flash, photoshop, etc. Tell them that, maybe show it off a little bit...but what you have may be too much. But if you really like it, it does show a lot of skill firsthand. But somebody intrested may (just may, might not) think that that's what u build pages like. And I don't think too many people would want their site that flashy...but I dunno. Just my penny's worth (maybe 2 pennies, sorry). But it does show a lot of skill, so that's a plus.

Status
    It's fancy, but [b]assuming it's a page meant to impress potential customers[/b], then I'd minimize the extras and Keep It Simple S. The primary question to ask when adding some trick to a 'serious' (versus just a show off) web page is:

[b]Does it help the visitor navigate the site or obtain the information they're seeking?[/b]

I enter and leave plenty of sites empty handed and unimpressed because the information I'm seeking seems to be hidden behind interminable clicks and portal pages.

Your colors and graphics look good and should be the primary focus of any entry portal. Clicking to see examples and capabilites at their own pages is also good. But, by the third click AT THE MOST, the visitor should actually see something - much better if only on the second click - which could be done by adding sub-menus to the categories on the first page.