25 users online (2 members and 23 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. Wordpress Auto thumbnail Generation    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Website thumbnail creation    Forum: Internet Services
    Replies: 1

Status

How to Create a Thumbnail of Web Pages?

Hey Folks,

I would like to create a few thumbnail images of my home page so that I can detail positions of adverts for my advertisers.

For example, like the Google image on this page:

https://www.google.com/adsense/

I hope you know what I mean

I have seen this in a few other web sites and would like to know how it's done. It would be a lot easier to explain the position of ads to my clients rather than try and explain with words.

Thank you

Tired Student...(Z_z)

Status
    The simplest way might be to open your web site full screen then take a screen shot of it. From there, open a graphic editing program (even MS Paint will work), paste the graphic in there, and resize it according to the size of the thumbnail you want.

You can save it as a JPEG or GIF; just be sure to create new thumbnails each time your site has a major layout change.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

David

Status
    Hey dlongnecker,

Thank you that is very helpful. However, my page is bigger than full screen, not much mind you. If there is another way that is great, but if not, I will use the full screen method you have suggested.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Tired Student...(Z_z)

Status
    Hmmm... does the text need to be readable?

If it's going to be a VERY small snapshot... then grab a browser like Firefox and shrink the view down... unfortunately, that'll shrink your text, but not your graphics and might make it look distorted. Also, if you're using IE, F11 to open borderless and hide your status and navigation bars...

The only other suggestion or thought might be to consider that you do not need your thumbnail to encompass all of your content--especially since the page is dynamic. As long as the flow, layout, etc of the page and the thumbnail are the same, then the "content" will always be changing... thus, might not all need to be visible.

If I think of anything else, I'll update the thread.

Hope this helps!

-David

Status
    Thanks again, this does help.

It doesn't need to be readable at all. I only want to give an indication of the position of adverts for prospective advertisers on my site. i.e. a nice red circle around the left advertising area showing them clearly where on the page a left side logo will go.

I just feel a picture speaks 1000 words.

I will download Firefox directly, was on my to-do list anyway

I'll update the post also when I manage to sort things out.

Regards,

Jack