46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    New User

Status

Your best and worst web host

I wonder, what is the best and worst host you had experience with?

For me, the best is Hurricane Electric. Their servers are very fast and stable, and support is great. I wish they had lower prices, but the service is worth the money.

For worst... cannot think of one. I experienced some quite bad, but I was with them too short to remember their names.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I have heard great things about HE suppossed to be a top notch company. I have sites at 100megswebhosting, tera-byte and futurequest, I am very pleased with all.

Dave

New User

Status
    My best host has been (and continues to be) 1and1 Internet Ltd (1and1.com) - German based I think. They do the wonderful little of thing of upgrading your features for free every now and then. Their packages are generous, their control panel extremely intuitive and real, live human telephone support at local call rates - although you might have to battle with European accents.

I would highly recommend them to anyone.

By far the worst host I have come across is 123reg.co.uk - a part of the Pipex mess. Their control panel is seriously useless and outdated and their whole system, including ftp, email, redirecting and DNS changes all crawl along so slowly that I found myself cursing in both amazement and frustration at just how very very very bad a service provider/host can be. My own personal control panel that I wrote (in php/perl) for my clients far out-classes this multi-national corporation's efforts. Laughable. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

New User

Status

Worst Web Hosts

radio2XS.com moved to WebFusion which is, as another poster says, "part of the Pipex mess" in late 2003. It was good until Pipex took over the previous owners, Host Europe. Since then, it's got worse and worse. Previously excellent customer service has become awful (employees are probably now treated like s**t) and outages are almost daily - sometimes for 10 to 30 minutes. Recomment a GOOD one to me someone, please!
    Cheers
    LDP

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ldp
    Recomment a GOOD one to me someone, please!
    http://www.ahfb2000.com/hostindex.php All have been researched and are quality. The difference in my directory is that money does not get a listing, quality hosting is how you get listed. I do get a commission in some cases, but I have turned down WAY more money from hosts who are poor quality.

Dave
    Last edited by HTML; 03-23-2009 at 04:04 PM.

New User

Status

Talking

For 3 years I've been with http://www.page-zone.com The service has been nothing but GREAT!!! There's technical support at all times. I've never had any problems with Page Zone. Their plans are great, and it's CHEAP!!!!!!! I would HIGHLY recommend doing business with Page Zone Web Hosting!!!

New User

Status

Re: Your best and worst web host?

I have used unitedhosting.co.uk for my hosting the last 2 years.
    The price is ok and the service has been great. I've had no problems.

The servers are based in america and prices are all in dollars weirdly enough for a .co.uk :P

Though I will not be renewing as I do not use the service enough to warrant the money towards it.

Status

By far, my best web host has been WebHost4Life Excellent uptime and fast response on the rare occasions that I have had a problem with my service. They offer top-notch Windows hosting.

The worst? Ready Hosting My database was down for days while they were doing some sort of upgrade, and they were oblivious to my complaints about that. Also, they cut off my service one time for non-payment when I wasn't even aware that I owed them anything. The worst part about that was that they cut me off in the evening when I had no chance of contacting anyone who could take my payment and get my site back up and running. Avoid them like the plague!
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Angry Re: Your best and worst web host?

I would have said 1and1 until recently buy now DEFINITELY Webfusion - last few months just about every that could go wrong has (Reseller Accounts). the ticket support is now virtually non-existent. it's waste of time complaining and this week has capped it all for me ... over 48 hours without a website, e-mail, FTP - major server crash - no contingency just 'thank you for your patience' ... one of there slogans on their site is "99.9% Connectivity" B***** ! Take a look at their Host Status page

http://www.hosting-status.pipex.net/

Here is todays extract:

for the record.... note the times and dates!!
    Monday, November 07 2005 @ 11:12 PM
    Contributed by: Pipex Support
    After a reboot we have encountered a hardware problem on one of the disks inside Mango. While this is not one of the main disks and as such will not result in the server or websites, email, FTP, etc being offline - it may cause some intermittent problems tonight and tomorrow morning whilst our engineers work on it. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Update 8th November 11.30

The Mango server is currently off line while to perform some work to resolve further the problems encountered last night.

Update 11.53

Unfortunately the work the engineers were performing has not succeeded and the server will now require a full rebuild.

Estimates for the work suggest the server will be down for approximately the next 12 hours.

We will keep this page updated with information.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

----------------------------------------------
    Update 23:49

We've just spoken to the engineers who've informed me that the data transfer is still happening and due to the nature of the process it does not give us a definite time of when it will complete. We will continue monitoring and working on the server, and updating the status page throughout tonight and early morning.

-------------------------------------------
    Update 9th November 07:26am
    The data transfer is still taking place, we will update with further information as soon as we have it.
    09.20am
    The data restore is still continuing, unfortunately we are unable to supply a precise time for completion, but we anticipate that it will be a couple more hours.

The restore is from a back up taken on the 4th November.
    The system administrators have advised that they ran into a problem with the transfer, as such all transfers had to stop for a short while. The transfer is back underway and is running faster than previously.

Hopefully once it has been running for a while longer we will be able to formulate an estimate for completion.
    The transfer rate for the restoration continues to fluctuate. The lastest estimate we have been given is for completion at 9pm this evening however this is subject to change.

We will continue to post updates as we gain information.
    Thank you for your continued patience.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    21:19
    We've been able to get some statistics from the server indicating its nearly finished the transfer process, the engineers will be getting back to technical support department when they have further info and we'll update on here as soon as we get it.
    The data transfer is still going on unfortunately, no further update on a time for completion.
    -----------------------------------------------
    06:35
    The transfer is still continuing at present, no definite ETA as yet.
    The data transfer is still going on unfortunately, no further update on a time for completion.
    The data transfer is still going on, unfortunately we have been given no further update for completion timescales.

Thank you for your continued patience.

>>>> WOW! I'm nearly starting to laugh except this is costing me customers and loads of time !

Status

I hope you're in the process of moving your site, or have already moved. If you depend on it for a source of income, you need to get out of there before this problem costs you more than it already has. This hosting company doesn't deserve any loyalty.
    p.s. - Interesting they find the resources to keep their own site up and running but apparently none of their customer's sistes.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

1&1 Internet here in UK and also Fasthosts, I have no troubler with either of them. Good cheap solid hosting and total DNS control of my domains.

Disabled

Status

Exclamation Re: Your best and worst web host?

spam removed
    Last edited by HTML; 12-20-2005 at 02:50 PM.

Disabled

Status

i have used only 2 webhost until now
    bluehost and powweb

i will give you some links to see reviews nd description about this companies
    http://www.**********************.com/re/2005bluehost/

http://www.**********************.com/re/2005powweb/

I want to use godday as a host. do you think it is good?

New User

Status

I'm going to buy new hosting and domain. Do you think that startlogic.com is good?

Administrator

Status

startlogic appears to be a part of ipowerweb. I have asked them before about this but they seem to not want to talk about it. IMO avoid at all cost.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last