49 users online (1 members and 48 guests)  

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    New User

Status

Re: Your best and worst web host? Pay or Free

Hi to all,

Well I am usually not this critical, but your question could have been alittle more specific
    Free or Pay Hosts??

The BEST Free Host is Bravenet /Bravehost.

If there is a better I 'd like to see it.

Dont judge the host by my website either just cause I have not used all the tools and stuff.

Since I have started to use Reviews to choose a host (highly reccomended) I have avoided the likes of the worst:

Waggoo /ie ezzzytalk
    a very good company until they got bought out.

Just cause you find a good host doesnt mean they will stay that way.....live n learn

akinika

New User

Status

Re: Your best and worst web host?

Hello, i am new to this forum and I am glad there is one such as this. I have been hosted by Homestead. Good company but paiying too much for so little else. bandwith, disc space. Good software though. i've had Yahoo webhost same there but I see that other companies are offering more for the money. I am seriously considering 1X WebHost. They seem to have it together. Can some one tell personel experience about this company. Or can you recommend a better one. I will be having about at least three domains. One photography site as well. Help?
    Preachercoach?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

I have never heard of 1x webhost do you have a URL? If you are speaking of IXwebhosting, I would not touch those jokers with a 10 ft. pole. Anything you see positive about this company you should assume is fake. If you see host directories pointing to them, it will be for 1 of 2 reasons, IX owns the directory and rank themselves at the top along with the sister companies, or it is an affiliate who ranks according to who pays more.

I see that other companies are offering more for the money.
    fools gold.

I just left a site which is offering 15gb disc / 300 gb transfer for under 4 dollars! If you start basing your decisions around disc/transfer/price you are destined for failure.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Yes that is the company that I am talking about. Which web host out there has live up to their advertisment?
    I have also considered Lunar pages?
    Thanks
    Last edited by preachercoach; 11-17-2006 at 08:44 PM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Why dont you give me a list of your true requirements. What are you currently using in terms of disc and transfer? What scripting are you using? What is your traffic like?

New User

Status

To be truthful I really don't know how much Disc space I will be needing. One site is for my youth organization dadsagainstdrugs.org. (track club) It was conceived in 1994 so there will be quite a bit of information and results to put in concerning the childrens accomplishment over the years. Tons of photos as well. I was using about a hundred megabytes and I knew that i need more disc space. i also will be starting a photography site. I have tons of pic's to place. I will need paypal.cc and or shopping cart. The traffic for the youth organization was not heavy but it was growing. I can't imagine it being heavy though.
    !. hotlink protection
    2. host three sites under one account.
    3. I am learning to use dreamweaver and flash.
    4. Some software might be helpful too start
    I will need forums and blog capabilities

Administrator

Status

I just got home from spending all night in the ER, Let me get some rest and hopefully a clearer head and I will see what I can come up with.

D

New User

Status

Thanks, Hope everything turned out okay. I shall have film clips. Sporting events of the kids.

Administrator

Status

Sorry it has taken longer than expected to get back to you. My head is nowhere near clear but I will do my best.

Here is my main concern with your situation. You have the types of needs that the budget oversellers prey upon, videos, images, needing scripting which you probably dont want to bother with so are looking for something like fantastico.

People with these needs are the ones that fall for the 300 gb of transfer and 100 gb of space for a buck 95. They are also the ones that get ticked off when they find they will not get it because of heavy cpu usage.

what is your budget?
    Do you have the ability to install and keep your script versions up to date without the use of an auto-installer from a control panel?

New User

Status

Glad you are doing better. I guess I don't have the ability to keep my scripts updated. I guess I could learn. I don't know how long that could take to grasp. My budget is not the greatest. My budget could stand 15.00 per month give or take a dollar or so. I was paying that with Homestead and Yahoo but I felt I should get more for my money? What all is involved in keeping my scripts updated? Is it a complicated process?

Administrator

Status

Sounds like you need a host with Fantastico, but you will still be responsible for updates, and then if the 500 others on the server do not update the scripts they use...

New User

Status

What do you think of Lunar pages? Are they worth a try or maybe the same as most of the larger host offering much for litle and not delivering?

Administrator

Status

Lunarpages is probably one of the better "budget" hosts, however they are very particular on what scripts you run and the amount of CPU/memory allowed.

New User

Status

I have no idea who is trust worthy and who's not. I do know that I do not want to change every year or so. I do want room to grow and not be very limited as to what I can do with my sites.

New User

Status

Best Webhosts - BOTH OF THESE COMPANIES ROCK!
    Netwisp
    and
    TotalCareHosting
    -----------------
    WORST Webhost - unreliable and the worst webhost I've ever been with. Lots of folk are furious with this company...
    APAC Hosting

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last