39 users online (1 members and 38 guests)  

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    New User

Status

Re: Your best and worst web host?

Worst for me has been 1&1 web hosting. Much of my problem with them stems from finding it very difficult to cancel an unused account and being billed again (with threats of debt collection agencies) for an account 8 months after it has been closed. They are very hard-sell "in-your-face." I see that an earlier poster had a lot of problems with their service as well.... AVOID this bunch!

I am using IX Web Hosting at the moment and it has been OK for light-duty hosting so far. However, I see somebody mentions them as another one to avoid, so I may be back in the market soon....

New User

Status

My favorite host is Eapps. I've been with them for a long time. They offer alot of apps uptodate, great price and customer support.
    The worst I had, was just a no name hosting company, local to Atlanta, that went bankrupt. Not much to way about them.
    Drew

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Please let me know by posting or PM what site(s) you have hosted with them.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

The worst host I had was angel fire.

New User

Status

I like Lunar Pages... I don't use any scripts, so I can't attest to their ability to let you run scripts. My pages seemed to load pretty fast.
    I tried Servage as well before. Servage did not impress me as sometimes it would take forever for my pages hosted by them to load. Slow server problem. Sometimes their support team wouldn't answer my question directly - the reply that they give would be off-topic and useless.
    Last edited by HTML; 09-11-2007 at 10:42 AM. Reason: signature rules http://www.ahfb2000.com/webmaster_help_desk/rules.php#4

New User

Status

The best = Downtownhost

The worst = Bluehost

New User

Status

Peronally I don't think you can go wrong with 1&1. Used these guys for years now and no problems.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4