41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Related

1. Embed Windows Media Player w/Preview    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Replies: 6
  3. EMBED Media Player Question    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. Media Player Embed Code    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Media Player choices for visitors    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

Media player coding help

Hey there everyone!

I recently came across some coding that allows you to put a streaming video on your website. The code works great, but I wanted to edit it a little bit.

What I would like to do, is have the "next" button point to a new stream, basically having it "cycle" through the available streams.

The coding includes a link to a specific web location, i.e. "www.blahblahblah.com=(some number)"

The number at the end of the link is obviously pointing to the current video I am streaming, but I was wondering if it's possible to have the next button change the location by adding 1 to that number?

I assume that if someone can tell me how to make this button do that then I could figure out how to make it go backwards with the "previous" button as well.

My webpage where the video is at is: http://www.knightsoftemerity.com/index.php?action=get&page=radio

There are currently two video windows playing the same video, but that's just because I was doing a little testing with other parts of the code.

Thanks in advance, and have fun!

Emil Knight

Administrator

Status
    Hiya, welcome to the forums.

Are you talking about the 'Next' button in the player itself? If so, you can't change this directly, its controlled purely by Media Windows Player.

What you can do is instead of passing a file to be played in the URL, you pass a playlist instead. This will enable the 'next' and 'back' button to cycle through the playlist as it would normally.

You can find some information about WMP file formats here: http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q316992

You may also want to check out the http://netjuke.sourceforge.net/ NetJuke Project, this passes a filelist to be played and by looking at that file format it may give you some clues as to how they generate it. Its open-source as well so you can have a good root around.

Hope that helps.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Heh.... guess I should have mentioned that...

yes, I meant the "Next" button on the Media Player bar. Currently all it does is advance the video to the end, but I was hoping their might be a way to use it to scan the streams from that other site... guess not.

No biggie, I can keep looking around for something else, I just didn't want to be hosting a whole bunch of stuff. My site can only handle 1GB per month, and since I'm not quite sure what uses up bandwidth ATM, I didn't want to burn it all up on this project.