39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Related

1. resize of window    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Embed with manual resize    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. html and resize of browser    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. resize    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Angry tag to make BG img resize to fit all browsers??

certain code ive been tryin to find for a long time, itll make your background image automatically resize to fit all browsers, can anyone help????

Ozzy

Administrator

Status
    Sorry, there is no "Stretch" code for background images. You can tile, but not resize.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    hmm, that bites, but thanx---

i build my own websites and do my graphics (mostly fantasy art now) been doin it since I was 7, an i use all my own pictures on my personal websites, n i make desktops too, an i usually use them for my bg, with the fixed bg code, looks good on the computer i made it on, but on my computer the pic shows like the top inch at the bottom too any ideas u could help me out with??

n i aint old enuf to have credit card or nothin, so im stuck still usin free web places..

www.angelfire.com/art2/ozzysabode

im needin to update it and put my 4 news images on there, but i wanna try and fix that b4 i do...

Administrator

Status
    To be honest, most people just dont use large background images, partly because of this problem, but mainly because huge images are slow to load.

I would use a single image ( no tiling) and blend the edges of it into the background color. That will still look natural, you will get your (very good BTW) artwork on there and it wont repeat.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

New User

Status
    thank you much, both for the compliment, and the advise, ill post the address again when i rebuild it on my next day off (sometime soon... i hope) thanks for advice

Ozzy

New User

Status
    got it rebuilt, just did a real quik job on it, but the bg problem, as far as I can tell, is fixed, an i put my newer stuff on there that i hadnt gotten around to doin yet lol

www.angelfire.com/art2/ozzysabode

instead of doin like you said, tho, fadin it into a solid bg color.. i had me own idea..

thanx fer advise

Administrator

Status
    That's really nice! Good job.

New User

Status
    thanx, im not really as much as into doin websites as i am my graphics tho... think kinda obvious, i spend long hours with my graphics, 5 mins with my websites, hehe

Ozzy