51 users online (0 members and 51 guests)  

Related

1. Identical links on same page    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. List of Directories that provide one-way links    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 5
  3. Different Colored Links On One Page?    Forum: CSS Forum
  4. Different Colored Links On One Page?    Forum: HTML Forum
  5. Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Question List Of Links In The Page

Dear Friends,

I am new to javascript and trying to get the list of all the links in the page.

I have found the following code which does exactly what I wanted.

http://javascript.internet.com/navigation/links-list.html

However, the links of Google ads ("Ads by Goooooogle") is not getting displayed. I spent almost a day trying to get the links, using getElementByID, innerHTML, etc. but still unsuccessful.

Any experts in javascript could crack it for me, I would be very grateful.

Thank You,

Administrator

Status
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

As the google ads are generated themselves by javascript, they are not technically part of the document, which is why they are not showing up with this script.

I'm not sure its a good idea to even try extracting their links, as the goooogle people are quite strict about what you can and can't do with their ads. Unless you have an extremely pressing need to also list your google ads in this list, I would leave well alone.

To actually get this done, it would be very complicated. have a look at the source of the show_ads.js referenced in your page, I am not sure its going to be practical to grab them in any case.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Lets Crack This Problem

Hello Friends,

When I right click and 'view source' when the mouse is over the ads, I am able to see the full html of the ads-window.

If we can get hold of this text from within javascript, our job is half-done.

In fact, I tried to go through show_ads.js....

I removed the reference to show_ads.js and in the place copied the contents of the file show_ads.js...

Then I wrote a simple function wr(x) which does this

{
    document.write('begin' + x + 'end') ;
    }

and replaced document.write() to wr() whereever it appears in show_ads.js

But unfortunately, browser(IE6.0) says error in page and doesnt work..... (What I am trying to do is to display the generated script which gets the final html)

Administrator

Status
    I'm sorry, but what your attempting to do is against the google Useage Policy

Source: https://www.google.com/adsense/policies

Code Modification

Any AdSense ad code or search box code must be pasted directly into Web pages without modification. AdSense participants are not allowed to alter the ad code for any reason, include changing the ad layout, behavior, or delivery of ads.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?