91 users online (0 members and 91 guests)  

Related

1. DIV to confine long-length text    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. How long to get indexed?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 21
  3. For how long are you with your present host?    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

How long does it take to get listed on Google?

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get listed on Google nowadays? It used to take them a few days, but now it seems to take forever. I suspect they're being intentionally slow to encourage people to use their AdWords program.

It takes MSN and Yahoo! just a few days to index my new sites. Google used to be faster than MSN and Yahoo!.
    Last edited by HTML; 03-01-2005 at 08:31 AM. Reason: sigs to be set up in profile and are shown when you have reached enough posts.

Administrator

Status
    The last time I wanted a site listing, I basically linked from my homepage to the my friends site, and it appeared within 3 days. Are you linked to at all?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Thanks for your suggestion. It's in the same domain as a PR4 site, but I haven't made a direct link to it. Google has finally listed it.

Oh BTW, does anyone know how many posts I have to make to earn the privilege of putting my signature on this forum? I have looked in the FAQ but could not find the answer.
    Last edited by weblaunch; 03-06-2005 at 12:48 AM.

Administrator

Status
    Glad your googled.

Its more complex than post-count, but its safe to say a contributing, helpful member of the board will quickly find themselves promoted past "Junior Member".
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?