90 users online (0 members and 90 guests)  

Be Yourself

Status

How does she look?

after thinking about it I'm seeing a lot of advantages to positioning. Copy and paste this into your address bar:

http://cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~algthtml/blah2.html

(code here)
    http://cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~algthtml/test.css

So whatya think? Would somethin like this work in different resolutions and different screen sizes? Or would I run into problems?

Be Yourself

Status

what I'm sayin is

the css table code I have there is a lot more complex than just the plain 3 table layout thing so I was just wonderin if waht I have would still be compatible with most browsers, etc.

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Nice layout Derek....but look at that graphic /me goes and pukes If you want me to make you one I'd be happy to do it, just for all your help you've given me. I couldn't be where I am without this forum and feel like I need to give back.

-Dave

Be Yourself

Status
    you'd be my hero if u did.

Let's see...me...graphics(especially logos)...ya

If you do make the theme the same. you can drop the X if you want and just have "The Future OF HTML", etc. Have the background of it (somewhere in the logo at least) be the bgcolor that I have.

I answer questions and help around just cause I like helpin people with the web I guess, even though it may take away site jobs that I may get otherwise if they decided to web design for they're career... actually I haven't even thought about that yet until
    1: My bro gets better
    2: I gain more knowledge in PHP
    Anyways you owe nothing to anybody for helping you would do it because we like to and if anybody says otherwise then...they know what will happen to them....:S So you don't have to I guess if u will.

as for the layout...I'm not goin to make my site full CSS just because of the extra coding it takes to do the same thing a simple <table> tag can do. I like taking the best of both techonologies But I'm also thinking about goin the DHTML way (using technologies that are 4.0+ standard in ie and ns). So the content would be the same but the design would be different.

Unregistered
    Very well done. I got a 404 not found tho, not sure if that's supposed to be there or what. Just fyi.

Be Yourself

Status
    hmm...did u paste the address into the address bar and then go to it? If u didn't that'll explain that 404, I just tried it out doing it that way and I didn't get an error...tell me if u did that and it still gives you the error.