41 users online (1 members and 40 guests)  

Thread: Yahoo MSN SEO

Related

1. Yahoo groups, how?    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Yahoo or MSN?    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 3
  3. Question about Yahoo?    Forum: Email Spam
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Question Yahoo MSN SEO

with the growth of Yahoo and MSN - are you finding it important to get high rankings in both

Just one year ago - it seemed that Google was virtually everyting

Now - Yahoo and the New MSN are becoming more dominant than they were since the pre-Google days.

New User

Status
    Personally, I believe it's about content.. good content brings links. Links push you up in the SERP's.

I work as a.. ahem.. blantant ad.. programmer for hire (and minor SEO work). One of the sites I have done SEO work is a camcorder review site. The articles are updated/created 3 to 4 times a week. Of course, they also have a very heavily travelled forum (modified vBulletin to get rid of the querystrings.. including the session id much more SE friendly). The forum is great 'spider food'. The search engines love it. And their ranking proves it.. try 'camcorder reviews' on yahoo (#1), msn (#1,#2 and #3) or google (#1 and #2).. IT'S all about content, links and good page 'layout'.

But the key is to get LINKS. Content brings the links. All the major SE's now track how many links are coming into your site. Yes, they still look at content, but SE's have to put up with alot of spam (keyword stuffing, cloaking...). So, the major SE's (in my opinion) weigh links as more important then the content. They figure the person doing the 'linking' believes the site has good content.

To answer your question. I don't think you need to 'optimize' for all three (four/five?) major SE's. Just make a good page to begin, (b, i, h1,h2,h3 tags, title tags, yes even meta tags-- Yahoo say's they look at them) with good content. Get links.. All the engines will find you.

my 2 cents and then some...

Brett

P.S. i counted ask jeeves.. but, how bout Inktomi.. they run alot of SE's too.

New User

Status

Re: Yahoo MSN SEO

I have been using a piece of software called admin edit: no self promotion

Google for it...

And I totally swear by it... It increased my palcement within 7 days and increased my traffic 60% over the course of ten days.

and REAL visitors... not proxied crap traffic... or 404... exit.. popunder etc ... all the nasty stuff..

This is 100% REAL VISITORS because its coming from the Search Engines and based on YOUR content...

The key is it does nto try and "tirck" the search engines but in fact gives it EVERYTHING it wants...
    Last edited by HTML; 06-03-2005 at 09:03 AM.

New User

Status

Actually, there's no other search engines that can fight in Google. Since, Google is the best search engine for SEO. However, Yahoo is the next to Google.

Status

Google is the best search engine for seo.
    Every search engine performs best.But it helps a lot.

New User

Status

hi,

in search volume is maximum in over all like

google shared 75%
    yahoo 5% to 7%
    bing 7% to 8%
    & rest...

so google is good choice...