39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Related

1. publishing in Ipowerweb    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. More Ipowerweb Problems    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. iPowerWeb trouble    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 28
  4. Ipowerweb sold    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. ipowerweb problems    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 8
    Disabled

Status

Wink Re: Fear For Your Wallet - Run Fast Away From Ipowerweb

Hello...

Im new here but im glad i came to this forum as i was about to transfer my account to them, Yikes if its like that forget it i dont need the grief ive got enough to worry about then some company like this.

Hey thx for the heads up on this one.

Thank you
    Malcolm
    Last edited by HTML; 08-10-2006 at 05:27 AM.

New User

Status

Re: Fear For Your Wallet - Run Fast Away From Ipowerweb

NEVER USE IPOWERWEB
    I signed up with Ipowerweb in 2002, it was pretty good at that time, I don't have much problem on their host, however from this year their service is awful, they upgraded their server and control panel from "cpanel" to "vdeck", as I am an old customer, my website is hosted on cpanel, this admin panel has lots of problems and broken links since they use vdeck, I contacted them many times but every time except saying " I do apologize..." they did nothing. On August 18, 2006 their server was hacked by "turkish..." it's about one week I cannot receive/send email, after that email works occasionally, I cannot stand for it, and moved to another host service.
    Also terrible "money back"--- on their website it states "unconditional money back with 30 days", I have a new website launched this August, I signed up with them for 30 days trial, however after experiencing server hack and bad service, I decided to cancal my account and request refund within one month, however I didn't receive refund so far(one month passed), and my account is still alive. I contacted them serveral times everytime the reply is "I do apologize...your account will be closed soon" but nobody takes care of it.
    It was pretty a good host but now it's so bad, at least customer service, I have been with them for 4 years but now no longer trust them.
    DO NOT GO WITH THEM!!!

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mic123
    NEVER USE IPOWERWEB
    I signed up with Ipowerweb in 2002, it was pretty good at that time, I don't have much problem on their host, however from this year their service is awful, they upgraded their server and control panel from "cpanel" to "vdeck", as I am an old customer, my website is hosted on cpanel, this admin panel has lots of problems and broken links since they use vdeck, I contacted them many times but every time except saying " I do apologize..." they did nothing. On August 18, 2006 their server was hacked by "turkish..." it's about one week I cannot receive/send email, after that email works occasionally, I cannot stand for it, and moved to another host service.
    Also terrible "money back"--- on their website it states "unconditional money back with 30 days", I have a new website launched this August, I signed up with them for 30 days trial, however after experiencing server hack and bad service, I decided to cancal my account and request refund within one month, however I didn't receive refund so far(one month passed), and my account is still alive. I contacted them serveral times everytime the reply is "I do apologize...your account will be closed soon" but nobody takes care of it.
    It was pretty a good host but now it's so bad, at least customer service, I have been with them for 4 years but now no longer trust them.
    DO NOT GO WITH THEM!!!
    Just write to your credit card company before it`s to late and call them first then followup with the letter to sppeed your money back to you.Also go online BBB and file complaint and finally to your attorney general office so everyone is awhere of just how many people ipowerweb is taking(stealing) money from. No service , is stealing ! They have their ad say 30day money back guarenntee, fast tech help, all not true in my case either. I paid to renew and got shut down , I got my refund thru my credit card company , ipower aka ipowerweb holds your files hostage and domain name is locked, please "BUYER BEWARE"!

New User

Status

Complete success with first site hosted by ipowerweb, a generic business site with no especially good domain name.

Second attempt to have them host a site went south in a hurry. The domain name in this case I believed held intrinsic value, and when they showed it available, I jumped on it.

Three days after I ordered services on that name from them, that very name was registered by the self proclaimed #1 domain name reseller on the web.

Ipowerweb first said possibly a glitch in their system, then blamed it on icann. As I increased pressure for a reasonable explanation, they finally just closed the support ticket. No refund, no other contact.

Yesterday I receive notice that payment will be charged to my credit card for the next three months of service on the domain they never gave me service on in the first place! I guess I can get this resolved through my credit card company with some efforst on my part.

I felt like I did a reasonable check using Better Business Bureau which awards them a 5 star rating. After this problem, dug a little deeper into the reports on the BBB site and can see where much the problems I have experienced are experienced by others trying to deal with ipowerweb. So much for BBB rating. Be a little leery and check the reports behind BBB ratings. And look for nice forums like this where complaints can be aired! Maybe you will find a pattern developing!

It appears that whether part of the profit picture or just free-lancing by employees, there is at least some chance of valuable domain names being swiped and sold on the open market when you entrust them to ipowerweb. If not, why do they go to extremes to not figure out where the problem may be and lay blame elsewhere?

And charging the customer for the experience is just icing on the cake!

I don't believe this is such a universal problem that you need to always register domain with one company and host it with another. I have had good success with others, powweb, godaddy, domaincontender. But yeah, my experience with ipowerweb has opened up my eyes to just how ripe the whole process is for underhanded dealing. If you think you may get a good deal, think how much time you may have to spend trying to get them to hold up to their end of the bargain. It is no bargain!

Status

Welcome to AHFB, dougbret.

I've said this many times before and I'll say it again. Don't EVER trust the registration of your domain to your web host. If this domain is as valuable as you say it is, they just screwed you out of it when all that could have easily been avoided. Lesson learned the hard way.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

Disabled

Status

very good

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Wow, what is happening today with ipowerweb? I looked at my logs and see almost 200 people to this thread alone today and almost 500 to another thread.

Some of you may be well served to take a look at our hosting directory http://www.ahfb2000.com/hostindex.php
    Last edited by HTML; 03-23-2009 at 04:05 PM.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

As near as I could tell, all of ipowerweb site including our hosted site and their promo pages went bye-bye for a couple of hours on the morning of June 14th. Since we were using them for email it was a problem.

Other than that, we really have had decent service on the one site entrusted to them over the course of almost a year.

I would never trust them with a new domain name registration, but for hosting so far I would rate them as acceptable.

They were back up in a couple of hours. That is better than a local hosting solution we tried which would go down intermittently for a day or two at a time.

It would be nice if ipowerweb would post some kind of explanation and how they will prevent the situation from happening again. Treating your customers like mushrooms just doesn't work in a wired world.

New User

Status

I got one for you.

I have been with iPowerWeb for years and years. I have a reseller account and host more than 20 domains with them. I've noticed technical support hold times getting longer and longer. Most recently I've sat on hold for well over an hour.

A few months back I renewed one of my client's hosting accounts. Last week I found out that although the hosting account was renewed, they failed to renew the domain registration. This domain went up for grabs and was snatched up by another company.

Now on my first call, the support technician admitted they made an error. He stated "it's our fault and I'm going to have my manager Ernie (Lopez) call you." This was on a Monday. Ernie didn't call by Friday, so I called back. Another person in support said that iPower would not assist me in getting the domain back. He suggested that I do it myself and that after I get the domain, iPower might be able to do something to reimburse me.

So my client is without a domain for over a week and I spent the better part of the day fixing a problem iPower created and wouldn't take responsibility for.

I'm going to host future domains elsewhere, but I don't know what to do about the ones I already have. I guess I could start migrating them.

Do yourself a favor and do not usse this company.

New User

Status

How did you get your domain back by using only the better part of a day?

I ask, because when I had the problem, I couldn't figure out any way to get a domain name back with any amount of effort.

New User

Status

Angry Ipowerweb is terrible

I have been putting up with Ipowerweb as the web host and email provider for my business for the last 7 years. But I can't bring that to an end quickly enough. They have stopped all email to my business and it has cost me a fortune. You can't get through to them for help...3 hours on hold. and total inconsiderate know-nothing ignorance when you do get to talk with a so-called technician. KEEP FAR AWAY FROM IPOWERWEB!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2