32 users online (0 members and 32 guests)  

Related

1. Problem with image rollover and text change    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 7
  2. Replies: 16
  3. Image to Text Rollover    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

rollover text change

Hi Im a bit new to web page design and to forums but I hope there is someone who can help me with my problem.
    Basically I have rollovers on my page with css and what I need is as you rollover the image text in another area of the page will appear telling u what the foto is.
    I have seen a nice solution here in html but I cant get it to work with my css rollovers.
    Ive also tried eric meyers popup solution but couldnt get that to work because I need the text to appear in a certain box in another area of the screen.
    Please help someone Im pulling my hair out.

New User

Status

Re: rollover text change

hi, to make a rollover of this you need to used advanced selectors, but this solution is not compatible with internet explorer, so the best solution is to use normal css rulers for the effect in gecko like browsers and using the behavior css property on ie. The behavior property can be used to link the behavior of the element to a javascript source.
    There is other solution, make the css states for rollover and rollout events,
    and attach function that change item css classnames when events are triggered.

You can use this site http://www.tanfa.co.uk/

New User

Status

[B]Very important!!!!

In orden to display large amount of text using this sample layout, you must set the overflow porperty of the #content ruler to scroll.

overflow: scroll;

It preserve the content panel size by adding scrollbars. In internet explorer
    you have the power of choice where to put the scrollbars:

overflow-y: "some overflow value";
    overflow-x: "some overflow value";

New User

Status

Sorry for the past reply, I have many reply windows opened and I make this big mistake!