61 users online (1 members and 60 guests)  

Related

1. Home Page in IE7    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 16
  2. Enchantress's Demon Elite Board is OPEN!    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 7
  3. Welcome home!    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 0

Status

Smile Enchantress's Home!

http://ca.geocities.com/demonelite1974@rogers.com/
    Hi, everybody!
    I'm new here, but would welcome and appreciate any and all feedback, that you would like to offer me regarding my web page!

I'm fairly new to web design, so I'm grateful for this site!
    I'm also looking for a way that, when someone scrolls over an image - a soundbyte would be played...any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance,

SIN-cerely,

Enchantress!

Status
    Your content seems a bit scattered. It makes it hard to navigate through the site, because you can't really tell what the options are. Try to simplify the navigation, ie. make the options a little more obvious, either by placing them together somewhere on the page, or tying the design to a grid structure (aligning some elements, somewhere). Also, the layout seems to be created for a very large screen, making people with smaller screens have to horizontally scroll. Generally you want to confine the content horizontally so that most people don't have to horizontally scroll, if at all possible. Right now, 54% of people can view at 1024px with, and 28% at 800px according to http://www.thecounter.com, and only 10% at 1280px. If your viewers all have very large monitors, then it doesn't matter. Hope this helps!

Status
    Thank you, hbass, for your observations - they are indeed very helpful and appreciated!

The problem that I'm having with my site, stems (in part) from the fact that I started out with a pre-formatted screen, then brought it into the Advanced HTML editor.

That's why there is a table on it, that I've been reading up on, to try and modify it.
    In case this fails though, I've already started designing a whole new home page - one that I'm doing from the beginning in HTML.

Status
    Looking better! Glad I could help. I like the images you use amongst your text. The poetry layout is cool.

Status
    Thanks, hbass,
    for not letting me wallow in my laziness - which I so often do!
    Needless to say, it probably would have taken a lot longer to get done - without some constructive criticism!
    Thank you, again, and all the best to you!
    (Maybe I might see you, in one of my Yahoo! Groups?? - Just a thought!...)
    'Bye for now!
    SIN-cerely,

Enchantress!