48 users online (0 members and 48 guests)  

Related

1. background-color and NetScape 7 problem    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Problem with netscape 6.0    Forum: CSS Forum
  3. Replies: 2
  4. Problem with netscape compatibility    Forum: Javascript Forum
  5. How do I let people download my objects!    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Problem with objects grouping in Netscape

I am having a problem to group an ID label and text input objects into a table in Netscape. I colored the table with pink for testing purpose. Inside the table I have a panel object which is in span tag with lightgreen background. These ID and text objects are reside in the panel. I have to use span for panel, span for output label and input for text input objects because all of these are generated from java components. This is actually a dynamic html code generation. For your information, it works pretty well in IE. I really need help from you guys on CSS issue in Netscape. Please advice. Thank you.

I have enclosed the code belows.

<html>
    <head>
    <title>Test</title>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
    </head>
    <body>

<table bgcolor="pink" height=50px width=100%>
    <tr>
    <td>

<span style="position:relative; background-color:lightgreen; top:0px; left:0px; height:200px; width:expression(document.body.clientWidth - 40); ">

<span style="width:129px; top:20px; height:26px; left:10px; position:absolute">ID</span>
    <input type="text" style="width:200px; top:20px; height:26px; left:143px; position:absolute">

</span>

</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

</body>
    </html>

Administrator

Status
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

expression() is IE-only, it won't work in anything but. If you need to dynamically size an element, then try calling the javascript onload to the body, that will work in a lot more browsers.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?