42 users online (2 members and 40 guests)  

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Related

1. Im bored, and just bought a good cd last week...    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 17
  2. Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Re: bought a domain name, now what?

hmm didnt work...
    am I supposed to change the word host to my hosts name? nothing happens..
    pout..

I added the script to the public_html area..there was already one there but I added to it
    within the original writings in the .htaccess file there were error pages listed and thats all.
    then to that I added the above script to redirect...no changes

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Can you show us exactly what your .htaccess looks like
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Im not sure what you want to see..
    do you want a screenshot of where it lays in the ftp?
    or open it up and copy/paste whats in the file.

2yr old 2yr old

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

You know, the moreI look at this the stranger it is. Have you tried contacting ipowerweb on this?

Administrator

Status

I meant to copy and paste

New User

Status

yes ive contacted them and the issue there is that I have set it up in the domain pointer but neglected to set up the subfiles where I wanted it to point to and I have it so as its pointing to my OFM...so then Im now trying to delete that and do it all over and its like syrup in the vermont mountains flowing today ...slower than life itself...so Im tring to bypass all that as Ive been working off my ftp and using my own html to create instead of the vdeck as that seems too monkey for me...

so that leads me to what to do next....
    heres what in the file,
    AuthName oldfadedmemories.com
    ErrorDocument 403 /v-web/errdocs/403.html
    ErrorDocument 401 /v-web/errdocs/401.html
    ErrorDocument 500 /v-web/errdocs/500.html
    ErrorDocument 400 /v-web/errdocs/400.html
    ErrorDocument 404 /v-web/errdocs/404.html

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} (www\.)?kateart-cards\.com$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://oldfadedmemories.com/kateart-cards/$1 [R=301,L]

If this is a bother, I can just wait to hear from them, Im just anxious to get things under way, and I dont want to have to use that deck any way...but I dont want to be a bother either...

New User

Status

that is listed in my OFM public_html file...
    is that where Im supposed to upload?
    or into the individual domain file?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by boxo'rocks View Post
    that is listed in my OFM public_html file...
    is that where Im supposed to upload?
    Yes, that is where you should put it. Like I said originally though, I'm not sure any of this will work. The only way to know for sure is to check with your web host.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

thanks VJ, I have tried and it doesnt seem to work.
    Ive also been in contact with my host and they dont seem to feel its a 911 so I just sit. Im begining to wonder if this hosting is any good, they seem to want me right in their site builder deck to manage everything..they say not, but Im seeing different...
    I double checked your script with a script junkie friend of mine and he said perfect, do it as you told me...so all is well on our end, its theirs that its not ok with..hmmm
    ponder

Status

Perhaps I should have said this sooner, but when I was doing some research to switch my site to another web host, I looked into iPowerWeb but rejected them on the basis of poor customer reviews. Personally, I think you can do much better than those guys.

I have one of my sites hosted with A Small Orange. I've been with them for about a year and have always had good customer service and uptime. They offer the add-on domain feature I was talking about earlier, so I believe they would solve your problem with these other two domains of yours.

New User

Status

Thumbs up Re: bought a domain name, now what?

Yea VJ Im beginging to think Ive made a mistake. I just barely switched from VodaHost. So Ive not been with Ipower for long at all, maybe about 2-3 weeks..and Ive so far had nothing but issues.
    Im hoping to get them solved as I really dont want to have to rebuild and or learn another at this point.
    Im not real savvy with webdesign and html etc, so for me its very difficult to do this.
    I had a look at A small orange and it looks pretty cool... too bad I didnt find this forum earlier...lol..
    but oh well, Ive since contacted Ipower and really told them whats on my mind, they have fixed the domain pointing issue, but still Im not sure if I have control over it...
    Ive also asked if I had permission to modify the htaccess file and heard nothing back.
    So time will tell.....
    I did see your site and liked it! I saw you and your family! very nice picture. Im sure your proud!
    thanks for all the patience with me as I know Im a bit dense, like I said talk to me like a two year old, lol, didnt think that Dave would exactly take me seriously...lol..but it was a very nice comic release!...
    So now Im waiting my one to two days for the new adjustment to propagate and we will see if I need to contact support yet again...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by boxo'rocks View Post
    Yea VJ Im beginging to think Ive made a mistake. I just barely switched from VodaHost. So Ive not been with Ipower for long at all, maybe about 2-3 weeks..and Ive so far had nothing but issues.
    That being the case, it probably isn't too late to get your money back if you should decide to switch web hosts. Here's what iPowerWeb says on one of their FAQ pages:

We offer an unconditional money back guarantee on our hosting services. Domain names registered through our services will be subject to a $8.25/year domain registration fee. Should you decide to cancel your account within the initial 30 day period, you will receive a full refund on the hosting fees.
    Take it from one who's been there, it's far easier to switch hosting accounts than to put up with bad or mediocre service.

p.s. - Thanks for the compliments on my site. They're much appreciated.

New User

Status

Thumbs up Re: bought a domain name, now what?

yes and good advice that is! and I would like to, but Ive not even paid for this yet..a friend set it up for me and I dont want to just drop at this time.
    So for now Ill just muttle along...
    but thanks for thinking of me and probably Ill be back saying why did I listen to you!...hehe..

yea, good job on the sites!

Disabled

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Hello,

I just bought a domain name for a website I am attempting to design. My website is hosted by my isp, how do I get my domain name to attatch to my site? If it helps my site is http://shanepritchard.home.bresnan.net and the domain name is shanepritchard.com.

Thanks
    Now start working to promote it and make money from it. Never buy traffic its pings

New User

Status

In a good domain name it should be meaningful and not so much long if this lacks then it should cover the targeting keyword.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last