71 users online (1 members and 70 guests)  

Related

1. what is Website Promotion Forum?    Forum: Archive
    Replies: 2
  2. Poker Forum & Jeep Liberty Forum    Forum: Websites For Sale
    Replies: 4
  3. Replies: 0
  4. Forum Problems    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

forum promotion problems

I've opened a forum at www.swf-forum.com and seem to be getting no traffic except for the people I personally told this site about. I added meta tags, though my code is not html standard compliant, is that too bad? And alos I've posted promotions of my forum on most of the top 300 of related msn groups, submitted it to google and a few other search engines. What am I doing worng??

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: forum promotion problems

Other than HTML problems and spamming 300 msn groups you seem to be off to a good enough start.

Some things to consider, does your forum show a session ID to googlebot and others? You may want to consider using mod_rewrite to make your urls look static and to help the spiders.

Find relevant directories and submit to them. You are going to have a hard time at this stage to get quality backlinks, finding important directories that are free can help overcome this.

Dave

New User

Status

Cools, I'l check this mod_rewrite thing out.

New User

Status

No kidding on the promotion problems! Many people have great ideas contextually but fall short on actually getting people to them. I think the secret is really three fold:

1. Do good planning! Really take the time to understand the popular topics and issues that people in your sector want to talk about and hear about.

2. Think contextually in terms of search engine indexing. Search engines love content, and if you can find a way to position content you create as a starting platform in helpful guides, you can do very well in getting archived and attracting like interest.

3. Take it to the people! Don't be afraid to share your status and forum board with others in your industryl Be active and build up a base and life will be good. (This can mean doing some work and calling on the telephone!)

If all else fails, there have been times when we have anchored cool promotional products and given them away to a few hundred targeted people. This might sound shocking, but take self promotion removed (which peeps have not typically seen before), combine your forum logo in the light and presto! Not everyone will bite, but if you get 40 new passionate peeps for every 200, you soon will have lots of friends.
    Last edited by HTML; 06-21-2005 at 03:52 PM.

New User

Status

Self Promotion? lol

You are kidding right.

Looks like you found your calling!

The Ultimate Powerful Sensational Hero of Forum Boards!

Keep up the great work.

(runs from power)

New User

Status

P.S. Probably won't graduate past junior member Dave. Your facist removal policies are not to my liking.

Hail Emperor Dave!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

That is ok, to each his own. Coincedently we do not care for those who pretend to be helpful only to promote themselves through something they "found" or similar.

f all else fails, there have been times when we have anchored cool promotional products and given them away to a few hundred targeted people.
    I dont expect you to say that the item that you "have anchored" at times suck. Pretending that you have been a customer when in fact it is your site being self promoted.

Your facist removal policies are not to my liking

So sad to see you go. Of course if you hang around you will not mind me telling you how to run your sites as well? If not that would make you facist...right?