42 users online (0 members and 42 guests)  

Thread: form reset

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. Replies: 4
  3. Replies: 2
  4. can't reset frame size    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. Submit / Reset / Browse Buttons    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1

Status

form reset

hello,

i'm trying to make a simple email submit form using the "mailto" action. i'm trying to get the from to reset when you submit. is there a second action you can put in the there that reload the page? this is what i have thus far.

<form method="post" action="mailto:robert@tminusfive.com?subject=email submit from Double Zero" name="email_list" enctype="text/plain"">
    <input type="text" size="25" style="border:0; font-family:verdana,arial; background-color:#333333; color:#cccccc; font-size:8pt;" name="email">
    <input type="submit" style="border:0; font-family:verdana,arial; background-color:#333333; color:#cccccc; font-size:8pt;" name="Submit" value="join">
    </form>

i tried adding this:

<form method="post" action="mailto:robert@tminusfive.com?subject=email submit from Double Zero" action2="left.htm" name="email_list" enctype="text/plain"">
    <input type="text" size="25" style="border:0; font-family:verdana,arial; background-color:#333333; color:#cccccc; font-size:8pt;" name="email">
    <input type="submit" style="border:0; font-family:verdana,arial; background-color:#333333; color:#cccccc; font-size:8pt;" name="Submit" value="join">
    </form>

but it ignored the second action. any suggestions?
    robert koons

Administrator

Status
    Hiya pegboy.

With a mailto form, you are not going to get the kind of control you get with server side stuff.

I had a bit of a play with the onSubmit handler in JavaScript, see if I could find a work around, but I realised that the submission of the form takes control. The problem here is that you would normally write to a cgi, or php script, and that would know what to do with the browser afterwards. In this instance, you are submitting to an email client, so there is not much it can do.

Have a look at some scripts, http://www.hotscripts.com

They have mail scripts for CGI, PHP, ASP etc. I am sure your host must run one of them, so have a look to see what suits. I have seen your sites, know your skill. You are more than capable of handling stuff like this

Also, most hosts have a sendmail function built in. Try the FAQs of your host, you might be surpised.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?