57 users online (1 members and 56 guests)  

Related

1. search engine that pay    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 1

Status

Need advice on getting high on search engine

Hello I was hoping someone could adivise me on a good "how to" for getting high search engine rankings. Also does anyone know of a good reputable service to submit my site to for search engines and links? Preferably nothing too expensive.

Thanks

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Need advice on getting high on search engine

Here is my advice, you know the "we submit to 1 million search engines for $19.95"...ignore them.

Places where you should submit, DMOZ, Yahoo and directories related to your particular niche. GFoogle and MSN will find you once you have quality links pointing to you.

If you feel you need paid help with SEO you may want to look at http://www.haystackinaneedle.com, Ed Kohler is a member here, one that you can put faith in.

Dave

Status

Thanks, I was kind of thinking that some of those blanket submission sites looked fishy. I appreciate the advice. Ill check out that site.

Status

If you know the guy that runs the haystack in a needle company you recommended, you might want to let him know that if he wants business he should actually respond. I filled out their form for a free quote and never heard back, but since you guys had recommended him I finally decided to try calling, got put on hold for awhile then got a message saying no one was around and I could leave a message. I personally believe automated phone systems are possibly what caused God to bring down the destruction of Sodom and Gamorah, but if your gonna have one, have it tell you no one is around and to leave a message BEFORE it puts you on hold, not after.

I'd let him know myself, but frankly contacting them is just a pain in the rear.

Anyway Im probably going with a guy that did some search engine optimiztion for my brother.

Status

Hi Shane,

Sorry about the long delay, and time spent in phone tree hell. I'll send you some tips on how to increase your search engine visibility to make up for it.

-Ed

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

you should post them here, so others can see your tips too

Status

I already sent the following message to you Ed in email, but I figured Id post it here in fairness for others reading the post.

Thanks a lot I appreciate your response and the tips. I ended up going
    with the guy my brother and I used for another company. The main reason I
    was checking into using you is he had a hard time getting us up on google.
    If he has the same trouble with my site, Ill get back into contact with you.

Thanks again
    Shane