33 users online (0 members and 33 guests)  

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. PERL-MYSQL connection using ODBC    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Failed to create a web page    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. html Anchor link failed    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Re: mysql connection sometime failed

after a small test I have seen that the innodb is not the problem, with a small myisam table I got same issues...

Reinstalling mysql might be the option, the version I used is not available by yum or up2date, but I have an other box which still have the latest 3.x version comming from yum.
    So I will migrate my code and database to this one. If I have the same issue on this other box this will means that the linux settings are may be involved.

something else i notice is that when running the apache benchmark to simulate the load from outside of the server the issue doesn't occurs, the other difference is that the number of max_used_connection in mysql status keep low : 2

when running the benchmark directly on the server then I have the issue and the max_used_connection go up to 20 - 50
    this show that the issue is really appearing when mysql is openning too many conccurent connections, between 1 and 10 no issue but above it start give the error message about the access to the mysql.sock!

I will do the test on an other mysql version coming from yum and let you know if it changes anything, in the meantime if you have any ideas for me to test don't hesitate !

Thank s again.

New User

Status

Re: mysql connection sometime failed

Hello ,

Some news after the tests I have done over the week end....
    So the issue can appear on any mysql version the mysql 3.23.x comming with the default setup of fedora got the same limitation.

I also asked on the fedora forum and some other users were able to reproduce the issue.

But I ogt something new, it seems that using the TCP socket instead of the Unix socket solve the issue, I did that by using in my test page . mysql_connect("127.0.0.1", ....
    instead of mysql_connect("localhost", ....

Still this doesn't explain what the problem is when using the Unix socket and I belive there is some performance wins when using Unix socket instead of TCP, so I would like to solve the issue.

Any ideas ?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2