68 users online (0 members and 68 guests)  

Thread: frames help

Related

1. frames vs. css    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 11
  4. frames HELP-please?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  5. Frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    Unregistered

Lightbulb frames help

i had to use frames to cut down on loading time, but now that i did it, i can't get the columns to scroll together. i can get seperate columns to scroll, but not all 3 as a whole (so it looks like it doesnt have frames) can anyone help me?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    bad news and more bad news.

You have not givin a URL so this information is general and will not apply to every case.

By breaking a page into frames you are not improving loading time. You say you have 3 frames within your frameset, this means that 4 server calls must be made, presumably with all of the same information as it would be on a single page.

I know of no way to make multiple frames scroll at the same time.

regards,

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

Re: frames help

Originally posted by Unregistered
    i had to use frames to cut down on loading time, but now that i did it, i can't get the columns to scroll together. i can get seperate columns to scroll, but not all 3 as a whole (so it looks like it doesnt have frames) can anyone help me?
    Infact we really increase loading time when we use frames. It loads total documents equal to {frames layout document + No. of frames content documents}. So if we want to keep loading time to the minimum, we shud get rid of frames. There is no way known to me that can make scroll all the frames together. Infact its non-logical too....there shud not be any need for doing so. Frames are useful to make only the necessary part of the page to scroll and keep others steady. If we want the whole page to scroll, its better keep away of frames.
    thanks.