110 users online (6 members and 104 guests)  

1. Auto E-mail reply to form submission    Forum: ASP Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Form Submit Problem    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. auto hieght on content div problem    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. auto submit form problem    Forum: HTML Forum
  5. submit form problem    Forum: HTML Forum
    New User

Question auto submit form problem

My objective was to prepare a form with the help of which one can sit for a quiz or online test/exam. Now there is a clock in my webpage which is written in javascript.

When the time is over for the quiz or online test, the form is supposed to be submitted automatically. Also there is a submit button for submitting manually.

Now, everything is fine, except if I double click on the webpage (.html file) it runs fine and after the time is over, the form is submitted automatically, the next page is displayed and the inputs from the form are processed with a php script. But, if the web page is accessed (hosted by apache web server) using the url :

then when the time is over, the clock hangs on the last 'time showed' and the form submission does not happen, next page does not come. However, if the submit button is used to submit the form manually only then it works. Why the auto submission is not working when the page is hosted from the server and accessed ????
    i used

when the final time of the test/quiz.exam is matched with the clock time.

i need the solution within 1/2 days for my university project work. please help me as soon as you can. everythings almost done except this. mail me at

do not post email addresses

please use both the email address for the same mail.
    Thanks. i need your help, mannnn. hurry, hurry, hurry.
    Last edited by HTML; 03-16-2007 at 11:01 AM.

New User

Re: auto submit form problem

PHP Code:
    form document.change_it_to_your_form_name;
    call the above function when you want to submit your form

Ravish Kumar
    Last edited by HTML; 04-07-2006 at 05:58 AM.

New User

Re: auto submit form problem

Here is a working auto-submit method: when page is loaded, it will the form will be immediately autosubmited (the values can be set with php variables).
    <form action="page.php"  method="post">
    <input type="text" name="example1" value="<?php echo $_POST['something1'];?>" />
    <input type="text" name="example2" value="ANOTHER_YOUR_VALUE" />
    <input type="submit" />
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">document.forms[0].submit();</SCRIPT>
    for example, the $_POST['something1'] value is received from the previous real-user submited Form, and this form can add another input with ANOTHER_YOUR_VALUE.