39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Related

1. Replies: 3
  2. I think every domain already registered    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 10
  3. Replies: 0
  4. Help registered Domain but    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 4
    Evil twin of Dave

Status

Problems w/ newly registered domain name

Ok I finally decided to spend the money (I know it's not much) and register a domain name. My friend actually set it all up through www.bargainname.com but sometihng is definitely wrong because when I try to access the site through the addy ( www.colorconceptsdesign.com ) it comes up with an error "Internet Explorer could not open the search page" which I have no idea what that means. I belive that we might have set up our servers incorrectly, how would we find out the exact addresses to put in for our domains? I'm currently being hosted at www.ukterrorist.com and the addy is http://colorconcepts.ukterrorist.com This is also the addy we use to access our FTP so that is the address we put in for our Server under our domain config. On the other hand, the domain config. mentions something about like a primary and secondary server.
    Each domain name must be associated with a minimum of two name servers (primary and secondary). A domain name may be associated with as many as twelve secondary name servers.
    and it states that the servers are usually 'ns1.myhost.com' how would i find out this info? THanks so much in advance, cause i know this is a long question but I just tried to give as many details as possible.

New User

Status
    Yah, seems like there is a dns problem..I dunno too much about that..are you hosting this site from your server?? if I knew the IP addy I could ping it but...
    sorry I couldn't be more help..hopefully someone else here can..
    Skuller

New User

Status
    Mr. Blue

I get an IP addy of 212.100.224.165 for the colorconcepts.ukterrorist.com name..I cant get an ip for the colorconceptsdesign.com..wish I could be more help ta ya..
    Skuller

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    I'm using the webspace at colorconcepts.ukterrorist.com so i'm not sure if you should get an ip for www.colorconceptsdesign.com What exactly should i do with that IP you found for colorconcepts.ukterrorist.com ? should i use it as my server ?

New User

Status
    Mr. Blue

I dont think so..I believe, but am not certain, that the ip addy has ta be set up by a host..
    So like I have willowskeep.com domain but freehost (the host I use and bought the domain name from) set up the ip number..I dont know how you go about being a domain host..but in order for us or someone ta get ta the colorconceptsdesign.com site it needs ta have an ip addy set up (dns..domain naming service) or associated with the name..again, I dunno too much about the dns thingy soooo I'm kinda just givin out what my idea is of the system..in other words..my host..freehost.com charges 25 or 35 dollars ta transfer your domain name and then ya can get 50 Mb of free space ta put your site up..but they are slow in that it was like two weeks before I could actually upload anything..
    Skuller

New User

Status
    Mr. Blue
    Sorry thats http://www.freehostspace.com/

and yes there is a one time charge of 35 bucks ta transfer the domain name ta their hosting site..then ya get 50Mb free space..
    Skuller

New User

Status
    Mr. Blue;
    Are you paying the www.bargainname.com a hosting fee, or did they just register the name for ya?
    Skuller

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    we paid 10 bucks for the name registration....
    [EDIT]I'm not at home this weekend but when i do get home i'll take a screen shot of the server setup screen and upload it somewhere so that you can see what i'm talking about. I'm new to this and don't understand quite a bit about the internet etc. so I appreciate the help. [/EDIT]
    Last edited by Mr. Blue; 02-02-2002 at 04:43 PM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I was going to move this thread as it has nothing to do with AHFB domains, but there is no other category for domain support for domains purchased else where.

Since you appear to be on a subdomain of ukterrorist, contact the host and see if you can point the domain to it, some do not allow this. If they do, than ask them the nameservers will probably be ns1.ukterrorist.com and ns2... log into the control panel for the second rate domain registrar that you chose and enter this info, do not worry about the ips of the nameservers, as this will be found. the host should than enter the correct DNS info, unless your registrar has also set you up with a DNS management system. If the registrar has given you such a management system then let us know and we can attempt to help you set that up properly.

Dave

New User

Status
    Mr. Blue;
    ahh well, neways your talents seem to lie in artwork...liked your 3d max pics..better ta concentrate on that than clutter up the mind with ip addy stuff n dns n server stuff lol...
    Sometimes I get ta workin on a pic n then get sidetracked inta technical stuff n next thing ya know..the artwork is not ta my likin n instead of a pic I have a bit of 'pooter knowledge that I'll forget about the next day neways..lol
    Sorry Dave, didnt mean ta misuse a forum or anything

Skuller

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Ok i'm starting to get confused.... i'm not really knowlegable about the subject and now think I should have had someone do all this for me. I'm gonna have to fix this on monday or so cause i'm not at home. At home i'll be able to post a screen shot of what i can change etc. which may help you guys help me. Oh yeah, when did i become evil ?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    when you bought your domain elsewhere

New User

Status
    Mr. Blue;
    um..under your name it says "evil....

lol

well anyways..I didnt mean ta start any trouble or anything..sorry
    skuller

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Great.........now i've been banished.... I probably should've asked here first because as you can see i don't know the half of it! Anyway to cancel that registration? or something......so that you (Dave) can help me set this up easier?

Administrator

Status

Relax I was kidding, I put that there a couple of weeks back since we share the same first and last name, you can always change your title in your control panel.

As far as stopping the progress, you would be paying twice and there is no sense in that. We will still offer you any help that we possibly can regardless of who what when and where. I do need to open another forum though for questions pertaining to domains bought elsewhere.

Dave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last