39 users online (1 members and 38 guests)  

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Related

1. Replies: 3
  2. I think every domain already registered    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 10
  3. Replies: 0
  4. Help registered Domain but    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 4
    Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Ok, yeah i was just kidding around too but I kinda like being evil..... **Insert Evil Laugh Here** I'll talk to the guy who is currently hosting my site and see what he says then report back here sometime during the week.

Status
    What you can always do, would be this

Signup for an account at mydomain.com (http://mydomain.com).

They will tell you there dns servers, and you enter those for your domain.

Then, via the mydomain.com control panel, you can control every (almost) aspect of your domain, including email.

Eric

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Ok i'll look into that once I go home on Monday. Thx Eric.

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Ok so here is the config screen.......does it help any? http://colorconcepts.ukterrorist.com/wip/help.gif

New User

Status
    Mr. Blue;
    Sorry, that just makes me more confused..lol..dunno if they mean the new name server is the primary or the secondary or what..plus they say that the ISP or the host has to assign the name server then they put that box up to be filled in..I dunno..ya got me..sorry
    Skuller

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Ok well seems like they don't want to host me if it's for business, it was supposed to just be for gaming art. So they won't tell me the servers, guess i'll have to buy webspace now......but if you guys can still maybe figure it out then that'd be cool..

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I have looked at your screenshot, it is almost identical to what you would see here at AHFB if you were setting up a domain.

This information should be provided by your host, you do not need to worry about the ip address just the name of the nameserver ie. ns1.Tera-Byte.com and ns2.Tera-Byte.com from this point your site will be found.

You may if your domain registrar has thier own servers, be able to use thiers and then sign up for DNS service, I do offer this here at AHFB.

Dave

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    By suggestion of Eric (Zaire) I signed up for http://mydomain.com which is a domain managing site. What i did was a cloaked forwarding where when you type in www.colorconceptsdesign.com it sends you to http://colorconcepts.ukterrorist.com/ but keeping the name www.colorconceptsdesign.com This service made it so that i could use the mydomain.com servers which would then redirect it to my current webspace. I guess all i'm doing now is waiting for DNS to refresh?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Sounds like you got it now

If done properly some will probably start seeing it in about 12 hours, could take up to 3 days I have heard but that would be rare.

Dave

New User

Status
    Mr. Blue;

I think it does take about 12 to 24 hours for all the servers to be resolved with the dns....
    havin fun huh
    lol

Skuller

Status
    For some reason.. for me, it has always been in under 12 hours... my isp must be fast

Status

Lightbulb

Once you've created an account and been validated by MyDomain, the changes will be instantaneous. I have had 4 of my 4 dozen domain names with them for the past year. Their forwarding service has seemed to be very reliable but their administration process is really tedious.

I have hundreds of level 3 domain names and hundreds of email aliases associated with those 4 dozen domain names, mostly at enom.com via simpleurl, which has a very efficient maintenance process (the best I've seen by far on the internet) but the email forwarding seems not to work as well as that at MyDomain and DomainDirect. I'm in the process of debating where to renew my domain names the next several months and may have to settle for MyDomain due to its forwarding reliability.

Most registrars don't offer a screen shot of their maintenance process until after you register a domain name with them and I'm hesitiant to get involved with more "pigs in a poke" that make me regret my decision.

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    ummm my domain was fine last night....but now it seems to not work anymore. I'm not sure what I should do, because i've been in school all day and haven't changed a thing. The addy is www.colorconceptsdesign.com

Status
    It seems to be working OK for me.

Administrator

Status

it is working fine here, sometimes you will se it go back and forth but should settle in a day or so.

Dave

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last