209 users online (0 members and 209 guests)  

Thread: New Orleans

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

New Orleans

Have you been affected by Katrina? I think it is a safe assumption that we have all (US citizens) been affected in one way or another.

Personally, my heart is in pieces. Last night on MSNBC they showed a young girl about 6, screaming "help us" while her grandfather tended to her grandmother. The photographer stopped and filmed this little girl crying, then kept the boat moving.

My heart does not understand how one could be so cold as to pass a child in such need, my head though I can not really get a grasp on it, tells me that they are forced to pass the suffering. I wish I could say I am numb, but I am in pain. I have to go to N.O., I have to physically help. In reality it is not that simple.

On a positive note, It feels good that San Antonio and Texas has opened our doors for those in need.

How have you been affected?

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: New Orleans

This is a call for all Texans to register with the state to help those in need, please dial 211 and volunteer. They will take basic contact info and will inquire as to what your skills are that may be of help. Obviously I cannot say what is needed, I registered and told them that I am a contractor but am willing to help in whatever way they feel I would be most needed.

If you do volunteer, please do not let this take the place of financial aid. Money is needed without a doubt, any amount is helpful. I just got off the phone with my sister, she said she was going to go buy blankets and pillows for refugees that are being taken to her old high school. I suggested that she not do this. Remember, the Red Cross can buy twice as much with the same money. If you are going to spend $50 for 6 blankets, send it instead to the Red Cross and they can buy 12 blankets.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

Re: New Orleans

nice to hear that, Dave, remeber, "good things happen to good people" : "what goes around comes around"

i for one would help, but am not going to. i have money that i am saving up for somthing, and that something will inturn help other people (given time).

also... this hurricane effected the entire US by gas prices, form what i hear a few of our oil refineries have been distroid/evacuated and one pierr was completely destroid and one oil tanker was sunk! how much more will gas rise? currently (i just got back from a gas station) and gas prices are $3 per gallon! after reading google news i hear that Bush might tap our oil reserve.

My deepest sorrow to the affected people!