100 users online (0 members and 100 guests)  

Thread: frame help

1. frame help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. Frame help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  3. frame help!    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Replies: 1

Thumbs down frame help

I have made a framed webpage. I have problem with the top frame.
    The layout of page is like this:
    top frame is 40 raws, rest is devided in to two cols of 175 and *.
    In a way a T shaped page.
    My problem is that...when i load the framed page...the content of the top frame do not appear at the top of the page but leaves top raw empty.
    I have included a form (search) in to the content of the top frame. Is this problem due to that form element or some frameset problem..i cant understand....
    plz help me.!!!!!
    Email: amit@amitvadnagra.8m.com

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Without looking at the page in question, I would guess it is a problem with the frame src. The form element of a search box should not have any affect.

Leave a url so I can see the page, I will see what I can figure out.

San Antonio, Texas
    Without going to the page (we've all made these mistakes when first learning frames), I'd guess that the problem lies with the frameset tags.

You should have 4 frames in 2 framesets.

The first frameset defines the page into top and bottom frames.

The second frameset is a sub-set of the 2nd bottom frame, above, in the bottom portion of the page.

But you need only 3 names associated with the frames - top, left and right -- the left and right in the bottom --- the bottom (unused and unneeded) name overridden by the left and right names.