36 users online (1 members and 35 guests)  

Related

1. Get Listed in Yahoo Search    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 9
  2. Who here has a site that is listed in a search engine?    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Re: Who here has a site that is listed in a search engine?

how do you get sites listed to a search engine...though i have submitted many times....i still cant find it....could it be sumwhere ate the back of the pages

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: How do I get listed in search engines

could be, what is the site?
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

put a link on another page that google/yahoo/msn searches and when one/all of them go to it they will automatically add it to it's "Sites to scan" list.

you can also submit it by hand, which i hear is slower than doing it the other way!

Status

How long has your site been up? If it's less than two or three months old, you might just need to have some patience.

BTW, you really don't need to submit your site to the search engines at all. Include a link to your site in public postings, such as this forum, in newsgroups, etc., and the search engines will find you.

New User

Status

http://crazes.co.nr

lol...my site has juz been up for a few weeks....maybe im greedy... ..thanx...il try wat ya all said...

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

The site is not even up except for a place holder. What do you expect them to spider?

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

So your site isn't even finished and you're wondering how to get it indexed by the search engines?! Good grief! Inviting the search engines to come spider it is like inviting someone to dinner at your house when the house is still under construction!

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

Quote Originally Posted by vinyl-junkie
    So your site isn't even finished and you're wondering how to get it indexed by the search engines?! Good grief! Inviting the search engines to come spider it is like inviting someone to dinner at your house when the house is still under construction!
    ~LOL~ i love the way you put that!

but it is not all that bad! i hear that the longer your site is up the better PR rating you get by google, so it is worth it to get google on your site as soon as posable!

how about thinking about it like this:

You invite a food critic to your restrant to try the food before the building is finished, so he can write an article about it so other people will want to go to it before it is done

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ALL
    i hear that the longer your site is up the better PR rating you get by google, so it is worth it to get google on your site as soon as posable!
    Not true. The length of time a site is up has nothing to do with PR. Content is what determines that. Your site doesn't have much content right now.

how about thinking about it like this:

You invite a food critic to your restrant to try the food before the building is finished, so he can write an article about it so other people will want to go to it before it is done
    Atmosphere is perhaps 10% of what the food critic pays attention to. The rest of what is important to him/her is the food.

Similarly, the website itself is 10% (or less!) of what's important to the search engines. Content is the rest of it.

So, you say you've submitted your site to the search engines. They might come around a few times to see what's there, but if they keep coming and all they see is the shell of a site, they might quit coming at all. Your best bet as far as the search engines are concerned, is to get some real content in there, and the sooner the better.

New User

Status

thanx for the feedback....

How do i get good content...is RSS feeds counted as them.....or do i have to write them all by myself?

Status

Well, good content is rather subjective. What is your site about? What kind of pages will be there when it gets off the ground? I see that you have a brief description of your site's content in the meta description. Why not include that as part of the readable content on your home page?

Code:
    How do i get good content...is RSS feeds counted as them
    Anything is potentially considered good content by the search engines (and your site's visitors!). What you need to do right now, in my opinion, is put some kind of preview on your home page. A sort of "Here are the type of things you can expect from this site." Try to generate some interest so they'll come back to see what you've added.

Hope this helps.

Status

BTW, I forgot to mention this earlier, but your home page is indexed by Google. Don't know about any of the other search engines though.

Again, get some real content into that home page and add some of those pages that the links are supposed to go to.

Status

se's love origional content... do it all yourself if you can!

C.Whyte