54 users online (0 members and 54 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. publishing in Ipowerweb    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Replies: 5
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Yahoo Publishing Network

I just got a phone call from Amber of the Yahoo Publisher Network. I guess you noticed I am part of the YPN beta testing. It is nice to know that they are serious about getting this program perfect before public release.

I gave Amber my thoughts on the interface which is ok IMO but could use a little tweaking. The main downfall is the ability to view channels side by side when viewing a date span.

My main concern of course being relevancy of the advertisements, which has been rather poor (but beating the heck out of the new chitika ads). I think once they can get the targetting up to the standard that Google Adsense has set, this could be a huge revenue generator. At this point CTR is only 20% of Google though revenues have nearly doubled. I am dreaming if the day when clicks increase 5x to adsense levels, all else staying equal (cpc) 5x the revenue

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Super Dooper Nerd

Status

Re: Yahoo Publishing Network

i agree with you dave, it looks good, but, yes, it could use some tweeking. and with the ad relevance! there is verry little!

-ALL

Status

Do you know when it's going to be out of beta and available for the general public? I would be interested if it turns out to be anything like Adsense.

-C.W

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

I have read a couple of different time frames for YPN to go public. I initially had heard the goal was to open to the public before the end of the year, I later read somewhere else it should be by spring of 2006.

I will check with Yahoo and see if they can give me anything more official.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

They rarely accept applications