48 users online (1 members and 47 guests)  

New User

Status

Established floral store site, 2000+ daily uniques

Looking for offers on our established floral store DotFlowers.com. This is one of the best floral stores on the net so only serious inquiries please. Below is some information on the store:

- Established in 2004
    - Search Optimized by THE best SEO company out there, this is no joke, we rank on the first page for about 95% of the thousands of keywords we targeted, we rank on page 3 of Google for "flowers" (the biggest keyword in the industry) and are expected to hit page 1 in about 4 months when our new linking kicks in
    - Over 88,000 indexed pages in Google and growing, all of our pages range from PR of 6-4
    - Custom design that I guarantee will blow you away, only 1800flowers and ProFlowers can even compete and in my opinion they dont even come close
    - All development done in XHTML 1.0 Strict with CSS and is W3C compliant and follows the Section 508 Guidelines, any web developer will tell you that a site coded in that format with the design it has is a very impressive technical achievement, because of the way its coded it is about 70% less code for the browser and the CSS allows cacheing which makes our site roughly 25-35% faster loading than our biggest competitors (1800flowers, ProFlowers)
    - 6500+ page views the site everyday exclusively because of our search optimization
    - The BeeFriends system which allows a person to recieve flowers without giving someone their personal address, this system is currently in beta but has the potential to change the online flower industry
    - Custom built shopping cart and administration that allows functionality and dropshipper integration specifically for the flower market
    - All products are dropshipped from a 3rd party or routed through FTD florists who will hand deliver the bouquets so you do not need to be a flower store or have inventory on hand to operate this business
    - Additional content is available on DotFlowers including our botanical database with over 43,000 pages of plant information and our blog

In all, this site is pretty much ready to take on the industry by storm. We are happy with the current progress of the store but are considering offers since managing a store of perishable goods requires a great deal of effort and customer service. Please send me an email through my profile if interested.
    Last edited by shaunster; 10-13-2005 at 08:03 AM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Established floral store site, 2000+ daily uniques

Welcome to the forum shaunster

I must say that both your description and the site itself are very impressive. One item of note, I see all white in my google toolbar for the front page. It may just be a toolbar issue, when I went deeper I saw some very nice PR.

added: after taking a closer look I see the problem, I entered the site without the www. The SEO is fantastic on the site, but it would be worthwhile to have your webmaster create a 301 in your htaccess which will forward all non www. to www.
    Code:
    RewriteEngine On 
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^example\.com 
    RewriteRule (.*) http://www.example.com/$1 [R=301,L] 
    You will also need to fix any internal links which may point to the non www. By correcting this you can avoid any possible duplicate content issue and increase PR due to the fact that any links pointing to the non www will now be viewed as pointing to the www. version. OK I must admit, this site has the same problem but it has never been as big an issue as it is now with google coming down on duplicate content( it is on my list for this week ).

Best of luck with your sale, it is a great site in a top niche, should draw you a pretty penny

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the valuable feedback. I will be sure to pass it on to our server admin.

Thanks,
    Shaun

New User

Status

I like your site. How much are you trying to get for it. Also, who is you seo company and who designed your site.

New User

Status

Hi, thanks for the inquiry but at this point we are no longer shopping dotflowers.com around unless its a very substantial offer. If your still interested please feel free to contact our marketing company who also handles our biz dev offers at 866-273-1869 and ask to speak with Ed. USWeb worked with us to develop and design our store from scratch.